Honored Contributor

Re: What to wear with denim skirt

@Another new name Sue 

$39.50 at Macy's-

Respected Contributor

I don't HAVE to wear that skirt. I just thought it would be cooler than pants. 

Respected Contributor

I would wear a crisp white shirt. Always appropriate. 

Respected Contributor

Those are cute, Lola. Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I appreciate. I'll check kohl's and Macy's. 

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono @Another new name Sue 

I have the Macy's top in blue (am actually wearing it now with blue jean skimmers from Kohls).  I got the top during Macy's 4th of July sale for $14.99.  It looks nice and is cool.

Honored Contributor

A crisp white top would be nice except if you're going to be eating then I would not wear a white top. It seems like a white anything becomes a magnet for food when you least expect it.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue 

When you say memorial are we talking about a death? If so I'm not sure denim and flowers is the way to go....

I'm doing the same thing tomorrow but haven't picked out my wardrobe yet. The tricky part is that it's on a boat! (spreading ashes)

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Another new name Sue 

When you say memorial are we talking about a death? If so I'm not sure denim and flowers is the way to go....

I'm doing the same thing tomorrow but haven't picked out my wardrobe yet. The tricky part is that it's on a boat! (spreading ashes)

@Andreatoo  I was thinking the same thing.  If it is a death memorial I don't feel this outfit would be appropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue my sympathies for your loss.  You would know best what to wear for this memorial.  

My biggest concern if ordering from qvc is that deliveries are slow.  If you have enough time and want to order from qvc, i have a couple of suggestions for a hot outdoor event.  I am assuming you want 3/4 sleeves.

floral print tee-type, knit - cottton modal - a397398 - $30

cotton print tee-type, knit $25 A394177

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your thoughtful replies.

The memorial is for my beloved sister who was also my best friend.  She died in November of brain cancer.  She was a lover of the natural world.  An area in a nature preserve is being dedicated to her, so I assume we will be walking there. I want to wear something somewhat cheerful, something she would like.   I'm overthinking this, weep a little while shopping. I miss her terribly.  Thank you again for the suggestions offered here, also looking at Macys and have a couple tops there in the cart.