Respected Contributor

What to wear. to eightieth dinner

I bought a gorgeous dress from IM. It's cotton eyelit A476 to wear when I was going out for dinner with closest friends when they take me out for my eightieth birthday. 

However, the weather will be in the '40's and even though the dress has long sleeves it might be too summery and cold.

I have tons of clothes. But I still can but together the outfit I wore to their wedding twenty seven years ago.

I can still wear the dress; I can do whatever I want but considering the weather, etc. 

For those of you who are/were married, would you touched by wedding attire?

\

Honored Contributor

Re: What to wear. to eightieth dinner

No I would not be touched but your wedding attire, if I remembered what you wore at all I would probably think you havent bought any new clothes for 20 years.

Wear your new dress, it wont be 40 degree's in the restaurant and you can wear a sweater, jacket or spring coat while coming and going.

Have fun and enjoy your day.  Happy Birthday

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Thanks Keep the answers coming!

Honored Contributor

@lavendar  I do not understand this phrase 

For those of you who are/were married, would you touched by wedding attire?  

What is is supposed to mean or refer to?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lavendar  Wear whatever you d@mn well please.  It's YOUR day.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Happy coming up birthday @lavendar!

I think you sound so happy about the new dress, you should wear it!

You can always put on something warmer on top of it.

Wear whatever makes you feel pretty and comfortable so you can really enjoy your birthday celebration!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@lavendar Wear what makes you happy and makes you feel special. It is your day. A coat or jacket will work if it is really cool. Remove it as you enter the restaurant for all to admire your new dress. Ask someone to take lots of photos. You will be glad you wore it.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar, This is your very special day!  Congratulations, my dear!  You wear what you want to.  You can wear your new pretty dress if you wear appropriate outerwear.  Once you are inside, you will likely be fine in your new duds.  You could consider some sort of a little topper for your new outlet, a lovely shawl, a very pretty sweater, or whatever.

I am your age, and I want to bless you with many more years of happiness.  Enjoy !

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you  the best for your 80th birthday celebration.  I would wear your new dress and if you have a spring coat wear that over it. it won't be cold in the restaurant.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only person whose clothes I can remember on my wedding day (besides myself, husband, bridesmaids and groomsmen), was my mother.  Her dress helped to set the color tone for our event.

Twenty-seven years is not really that long ago these days!

I agree, wear your new dress, not the outfit from decades past.  Noone will remember except you, sorry.