Occasional Contributor

Re: What style leg in jeans?

Thanks for your comments. Think most of you agreed with what I already knew - straight leg jeans are more flattering to me with my short legs. Have tried on a lot of bootcuts and they just didn't work, but I seem to be seeing less of them so don't plan to buy any more. Straight legs should be good no matter what the current fad happens to be.

Occasional Contributor

Straight leg would be best for you.

Honored Contributor

For your height, straight leg is a very good choice. Straight leg is always in. You may want to try some Ponte Knit pants in straight leg or legging. If you choose a legging you could wear a tunic top even though you are only 5'2. Try some on and see how you feel in them and if you like them. Sometimes Target carries ponte knit.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I am 65' 5 ft 4 and wear a 1X. Straight leg looks best on me.
Esteemed Contributor

I have pretty much retired all of my bootcut jeans that had a slight bootcut (all of the DG2 ones) and have given away wider bootcut jeans like Jones New York that were too long or wide. I turned some of them into capri jeans and the rest I just don't want to wear again. I'm wearing straight or skinny jeans. The positive thing is that when it rains the hems aren't getting soaked in puddles. The skinny jeans I have are from Mossimo, Nine West, and Style & Co. The straight leg jeans are NYDJ, Jeanne Beker, Lois, and Liverpool.

I also looked through my dress pants and found I seldom wore them and donated trouser jeans and trouser style pants. I really dislike slant front pockets as they bulge and gape and dislike the wide legs that those pants I donated have. They made my legs look stumpy.