Honored Contributor

Re: What style leg in jeans?

Mandie jeans at Belk and on line is your answer! They're gerat! Boot cut these days aren't so extreme! Wash the first time with a cup of white vinegar to hold the color. You'll notice these don't flare out at the knee as in the '80's. Just a straight leg!

Love these!

http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/PRD~1800326MANDI1910YS/Bandolino+Mandie+Jeans.jsp?

Honored Contributor

Today's boot cut nothing like bell bottoms, obviously you have never even tried a pair on. But if you don't like the IDEA, of them, that's okay. No law says you have to wear them. I'm a 16 or 18 and I'm 5'4", I carry my weight in my butt and thighs so a modern boot cut looks best on me. But I also wear slim cut straight jeans. I stay away from skinny jeans and leggings. You don't choose a Jean based on your age or what some so called expert says. You try on every style and you choose the style that you feel good and look good in.
Esteemed Contributor

I am 5'6"" and have always worn a boot cut and the last few years a straight leg.

Regular Contributor

I think the question is also about what kind of shoes you wear with jeans. Boot cuts really are more flattering with a heel. Straight legs are more versatile. In my opinion they look better with flats.
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Kitlynn said:

Straight leg and a slight boot cut.

I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

A straight or a slight boot cut.

Trusted Contributor

I'm taller than you but I almost always wear boot cut, sometimes a slight flare leg but fitted elsewhere on my body. Other cuts look like dated mom jeans on me.
Respected Contributor

I read somewhere last week that jean sales are way down. Ladies are now going to the more comfortable stretch yoga pants.

Honored Contributor

I gave up on boot cut. I don't have big hips and straight leg and/or skinny leg are THE ticket for me. They make me look half the size of boot cut ones, so I see no reason for boot cut. Also to me, boot cut ones just scream real cowboy with work boots on. Now I have seen some GOOD lookin' jeans bootcut that way! OH my!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I read somewhere last week that jean sales are way down. Ladies are now going to the more comfortable stretch yoga pants.

I don't wear jeans much any more. I've gone to twills and other pants for weekend wear. I don't wear yoga pants either, but have a couple of pair of Land's End straight leg knit pants for around-the-house wear.