Honored Contributor

What should I wear to my birthday celebration

I will be turning 60 in 10 days, we are staying the night at a local hotel, that has a great dinner buffet and then music later in their pub.

I am not sure how to dress, the buffet is not overlay fancy but since it is a celebration I want to look great.

I have a pair of black dress pants that will easily match with most things

I am having my hair blown out earlier that day.

I am 5 feet tall and a 1 x, shoulder length dark hair, dark eyes and olive skin

tia

elln

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What should I wear to my birthday celebration

You're not going to like my reply; but you asked..........at 60 can't you figure out what to wear?

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday! I always wear black when in doubt about what to wear. I think with your coloring, you'll look beautiful! Have a wonderful time...
Honored Contributor

It's your birthday.. wear your birthday suit! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

But seriously, I'm short and fluffy, too. I find that black slacks and somewhat sparkly top always look nice.

Happy Birthday, OxOx!!!!!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 fthunt said:

You're not going to like my reply; but you asked..........at 60 can't you figure out what to wear?

Why must some posters be so mean and snarky, I was looking for others ideas and psst, 60 is far from DEAD

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Easy - those great black pants with a dressy top for dinner. Then those same pants with a pretty color for breakfast at the hotel as long as the pants are too, too for morning.

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 fthunt said:

In Hollywood every woman over 60 employs a stylist. We all need guidance or feedback on how we dress. In fact, having an open mind after 60keeps a person young.
Honored Contributor

I have a few seductive little tops that go with black pants, but would cover up with a jacket at the buffet.

At the pub, loose the jacket.

Have a nice birthday weekend!

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 millieshops said:

Easy - those great black pants with a dressy top for dinner. Then those same pants with a pretty color for breakfast at the hotel as long as the pants are too, too for morning.

Just a plain pair of "double knit" black pants, the last two times I have worn them have been too funerals I would love to wear them for fun once again

Super Contributor

Your birthday suit?