Esteemed Contributor

Re: What shoes look good with capri pants?

The fact that Jennifer Aniston wears those wedge sandals over and over again is really testament to finding something you love, being willing to pay the price and knowing you will get your money's worth.

I know I am in the minority here, but unless you are a petite person in body and shoe size, I find ballet flats very unflattering. Look at this model. Do you not think she looks extremely bottom heavy? Or is it just me? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Denim & Co. How Comfy Slim Leg Crop Pants

Super Contributor

since I will not wear high heels at age 58, and risk breaking an ankle, plus I am tall and do not want to be 6 feet tall in heels.... I wear flats and sandals. Maybe a 1 inch kitten heel at the most.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2014 magicmoodz said:

The fact that Jennifer Aniston wears those wedge sandals over and over again is really testament to finding something you love, being willing to pay the price and knowing you will get your money's worth.

I know I am in the minority here, but unless you are a petite person in body and shoe size, I find ballet flats very unflattering. Look at this model. Do you not think she looks extremely bottom heavy? Or is it just me? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Those crops hit her leg at a weird length. I think Jennifer's shoes would spice them up!

BTW - I get a ton of compliments on my shoes - only I know they were marked down $300!

They are still available, I think. She made these wedges famous!

Honored Contributor

Capris can be really dressy, so I don't think of them as casual only. I just bought a cute pair in a soft coral color at a boutique in town. They are quite elegant looking.

I prefer platforms for the simple fact of keeping my feet clean as I live at the beach. Sand really is a pain when you live in it.

I have several pairs similar to jennifers with and without the ankle strap. Some of mine are very heavy so they aren't shoes that I would wear all day or when I'll be walking long distances.

I think the style of shoes you wear with your capris have a lot to do with the fit/cut, material and length of the pant.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2014 terrier3 said:

Those crops hit her leg at a weird length. I think Jennifer's shoes would spice them up!

BTW - I get a ton of compliments on my shoes - only I know they were marked down $300!

They are still available, I think. She made these wedges famous!

terrier, what a buy you got on a great-looking pair of shoes. And they are so versatile, you can wear them with many different looks! Lucky you!

It isn't just the capri pants. "She" models ankle pants and full-length pants wearing ballet flats, too. I just think if she elevated even a tiny bit, her particular body-type would look so much more attractive.

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Sorry for the Gi-normous MTM photo, but title made me think of her. Tried to cancel, but it gave me an error.

(BTW, how do I reduce size of Photo?)

She does look good in the flats.

Finally found smaller photo!

Honored Contributor

This is an excellent example of pants that do not fit correctly. If you insist on wearing capris the least you can do is wear ones that fit as they should fit.

Super Contributor

Sandals with a 2 inch heel. Not high heels or flats.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2014 willdob3 said:

This is an excellent example of pants that do not fit correctly. If you insist on wearing capris the least you can do is wear ones that fit as they should fit.

Don't you think it odd a shopping channel selling fashion utilizes this model in those shoes that only greatly exaggerate the fact that she is bottom heavy? It isn't just the capris. She looks exactly the same in every pant she models. Not a good selling point FOR ME. Clearly others see it differently and I applaud them for being visionaries!