Honored Contributor

Re: What shoes look good with capri pants?

Capris can be quite dressy when made as a slack and not as a jean style and out of polished cotton, silk, or other fabrics. It all depends on the style of capri, and what you intend to wear in top. Dressy looks are usually finished off with a heel, platform or otherwise.

They can all look good, it depends on how the outfit is styled; also all of the actresses pictured know that when you elongate the leg you look thinner!

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 magicmoodz said:

Stuart Weitzman also makes a lower version of Jen's shoe. It is called the Alexlo.

I LOVE this lower pair (although I'm happy with the deal I got on my Alex version).

I checked all over and these aren't made anymore...maybe Marshalls???

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 terrier3 said:
On 3/23/2014 magicmoodz said:

Stuart Weitzman also makes a lower version of Jen's shoe. It is called the Alexlo.

I LOVE this lower pair (although I'm happy with the deal I got on my Alex version).

I checked all over and these aren't made anymore...maybe Marshalls???

Sorry, terrier. I didn't realize the Alexlo has been discontinued. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

I was recently watching an episode of Gidget and she was wearing what I have always thought of 'Capris'. Just a couple of inches above the ankle. Her friend commented on her "Capris". Anyway, a wedge as photo above, or a 'flat' with a bit of a heel/wedge. A 'kitten heel' would be nice too, for a dressier look.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I was browsing the Banana Republic website and saw some cute wedges called Pipperr. Unfortunately, none of the BR shoes are offered in narrow, so they won't be in my closet. But I think they'd look great with capris/crops/shorts.

I have two pairs of 3" platform/wedge Donald Pliner slide sandals from years ago that I like to wear with my crops. One pair is black with a light woven wedge, and the other is brown with a dark brown cork wedge.

If I'm doing a lot of running around, I have some Vaneli Kallita sandals on a 1.5" woven wedge that also look nice. I bought a pair last year in a soft gold metallic and this year I bought the same sandals in a black/metallic pattern from Marmi. I'm not a fan of flip flops, so this is my idea of a flat sandal!

Honored Contributor

Wedge sandals and flats. I also like flat sandals and slip ons such as canvas or leather Sketchers.