Esteemed Contributor

Re: What shoes and panti hose yes or no

THe shoes look a little too business office to wear with such a pretty,delicate lace dress.  THere are low heeled shoes done in a fabric rather than a leather which would be a better choice IMHO

Honored Contributor

Well the shoes that are most comfortable are Clarks leather fli flops so that is not going to happen. Best I can do is shoe that I can wear for more than 20 minutes at a time 

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

The brides mom just commented on my FB post and says NO lol 

Does that mean she doesn't like your choice of dress/shoes?

That was my question also....no to what? Personally I would wear panty hose, they don't bother me at all. And I would wear the shoes what are most comfortable for me. I can't do heels any longer either. Whatever you decide, relax and enjoy yourself.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Well the shoes that are most comfortable are Clarks leather fli flops so that is not going to happen. Best I can do is shoe that I can wear for more than 20 minutes at a time 

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

The brides mom just commented on my FB post and says NO lol 

Does that mean she doesn't like your choice of dress/shoes?

That was my question also....no to what? Personally I would wear panty hose, they don't bother me at all. And I would wear the shoes what are most comfortable for me. I can't do heels any longer either. Whatever you decide, relax and enjoy yourself.

Lol, of course I meant the most comfortable of the ones you posted. Wear what pleases you. Enjoy.

"To each their own, in all things".
Contributor

Go with what you are most comfortable with. Funny I bought a similar dress and the same shoes as you did. This shoes are very comfortable and the heel is just enough for a lift. Your taste is very similar to my own. Hose or none entirely your preference. If your toes were exposed no hose but your toes are covered.😊

Esteemed Contributor

I would say wear hose. I think it is more feminine than bare legs. I would wear hose because my feet and legs get cold. I could not go out without them. I even wear knee highs with my sandals.  My toes are not my best feature and I do not want to feature them. You need to do what is comfortable for you. I like the shoes that you bought to go with your lace dress. Have a great time.

Was the Mother of the Bride joking about no hose??? If not, I don't get it. You need to feel comfortable being yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox, Your dress is lovely, but as previously stated I don't think the shoes you have are dressy enough to pair with for a wedding.  The final choice is yours, but my vote goes to wearing pantyhose with the dress.  I would opt for nude since the wedding is in May, but black would be ok too, particularly if it's a late afternoon/evening event.

@lulu2 Woman Very Happy, Thanks for getting down to the core of the point on the pantyhose issue.  Like with anything else worn on the body, the comfort starts with the fit.   

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox

I've been to a Long Island wedding;  kicking off shoes to dance and have fun is taken for granted!

Honored Contributor

Do they still make pantihose?  No one wears them where I live.  It's bare leg when it's warm and tights when it's cold.  But, you wouldn't have asked if you didn't want to wear them.  You have to stay in your comfort zone, so you should wear pantihose.  I think since the dress and shoes are black, go with a very sheer black pair.  I do love those shoes!!

Valued Contributor

Pretty shoes and pretty dress!

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

You have to be comfortable at this wedding, so I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable...and not second guess that. I am not 60 and I wear pantyhose, I only mention 60 because someone brought that up. I like the way it makes my legs look. I found an opaque style that is supportive and covers, have to order them online. Obviously not comfortable when it's 90 degrees. They're Hanes Smooth Illusions. Kind of give you that look that NFL cheerleaders get for their legs, they must wear something similar. I don't have their legs, unfortunately.

I ordered some of that leg makeup from Westmore Beauty. Haven't used it yet because  there's been no Spring where I live. But I tried a patch and didn't like the color. I'm super pale and ordered the light.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"