Super Contributor

Re: What shoes and panti hose yes or no

I like the pumps better. I don't think anyone under 60 wears nude pantyhose so I don't now. I have some spray makeup for my leg imperfections and just use that.  I do have a drawer full of hose though. I do still wear  colors for the fall...tights.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the shoes are fine. I certainly wouldn't go purchase a new pair just for the wedding. To wear hose or not is completely up to you. There's no set in stone correct answer to that question, just your own personal preference and comfort. I've yet to see a discussion here on that topic go well!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

For me, it would be panty hose.  I've never found them to be any more uncomfortable than tights.  Same thing, to me.  As for the shoes, I'd probably have chosen something slightly dressier, but nobody is going to look at your feet anyway.  If you're comfortable in the ones you chose, then by all means, wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox: if the shoe is comfortable and you like it, wear it. The dress is fine. Just add jewelry. You said what time of year, but what time of day? Sunday afternoon or evening?

Sounds like you are a guest at the wedding. What you have chosen to wear is fine. All eyes will be on the bride, as it should be, and not you. Go, celebrate and enjoy!

FWIW, I would nix hose in early summer with a sling back shoe and tan my legs.

Honored Contributor

I would wear off black panty hose.  Have fun.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The wedding is Sunday 7PM and I have been friends with the Brides Mom since kindergarten in 1960, so it is as close to family as you can get, we even had the same madein name

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

i would choose to nix the nylons . i do understand though for a wedding nylons look more polished.

have you tried the Jergens glow lotion ?   i got the medium/dark version and i tanned very quickly with one application.  i did my arms, legs and neck and decollatage because that was all that showed with my dress.    the color was just right, not too dark or light

the shoes are ok. i would lean toward a dressier shoe for your pretty lace dress.

Honored Contributor

You could wear an extremely sheer black hose like Hanes Silk Reflections.  I do agree with not wearing a career shoe with the lace dress and the pump you were shown is lovely.

I can always find the shoe I need at Dillards.  They have from the most delicately styles to the most casual.

Have a great time!

Honored Contributor

There is no Dillards anywhere near meSmiley Sad

@ECBG wrote:

You could wear an extremely sheer black hose like Hanes Silk Reflections.  I do agree with not wearing a career shoe with the lace dress and the pump you were shown is lovely.

I can always find the shoe I need at Dillards.  They have from the most delicately styles to the most casual.

Have a great time!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Your dress is lovely and (as already stated) no one is going to be looking at your feet anyway. Choose the show that is most comfortable, as you will no doubt be standing a lot.

Now about panty hose . . . . . Yes, I am older, and my ideas may seem unrealistic to those of you under 30.  But I have seen all the bare legs and ugly toes I want to see for the rest of my life.  Wearing panty hose isn't about how comfortable you are or how beautiful you think your legs and feet are. Check out Princess Kate.  She always wears stockings. I don't think anyone can fault her legs, but class and dignity and respect dictate that she wear stockings. I absolutely agree. There may be a few whose legs and feet that are attractive enough to be bared; but not on social occasions. The rest of us need to accept the fact that we look better in pantyhose than we do without them. For me, it's about respecting other people and not offending them with bare (and often ugly) feet and bare, unattractive legs. Save your bare skin for summer shorts and sandals. For social occasions - especially for weddings, church, etc -  put on the panty hose and shine.