Honored Contributor

Re: What's your system for once-worn clothing?

Pretty simple: if soiled I wash,if not I hang up. I really have very little that goes to the dry cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@magicmoodz 

It's not that they're contaminated. I just like to know I've worn it once, because two wearings warrants laundering no matter what.

@house_cat  Why? Are you on a farm mucking the stalls? Maybe I could understand then....

No, but I do a lot of cooking and cleaning and gardening and spend a lot of time in classrooms full of snotty nose-picking little kids.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I mostly wear denim pants so I leave a pair on the bedroom chair and wear it two or three times.  A top that was worn for a few hours goes on the chair or on a closet hook.  Otherwise, it gets laundered after one wear.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I'm a very organized and neat person, but there is one thing with which I have long struggled, so I thought I'd pick the brains of the fashionistas here on the forum...

When you wear a top or pants once, or perhaps for just a little while and plan to wear them again before laundering, where do you put them? How do you distinguish them from the freshly laundered items, or don't you bother?

I'm not sure if I'm expressing this question clearly. Hopefully some of you will understand what I'm asking.

Thank you.

That's a little too OCD for me, sorry. I hang them up and put them in the closet.

Valued Contributor

I agree, and am quite surprised to see so many people that wear something once and feel they can't put it back in the drawer or back on the hanger in the closet. I do this many times with my clothes before I wash them. I am meticulous with what I buy and washing something constantly and unnecessarily will destroy them in no time. 

Super Contributor

I have a double rod in my closet (one higher and one lower). I usually wear my shirts and pants twice before they go into the hamper.  Fresh items are always uptop and lightly worn on the lower rod.  It works well for me.  Some items just don't work for a second wearing however.