Honored Contributor

What's your system for once-worn clothing?

I'm a very organized and neat person, but there is one thing with which I have long struggled, so I thought I'd pick the brains of the fashionistas here on the forum...

When you wear a top or pants once, or perhaps for just a little while and plan to wear them again before laundering, where do you put them? How do you distinguish them from the freshly laundered items, or don't you bother?

I'm not sure if I'm expressing this question clearly. Hopefully some of you will understand what I'm asking.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: What's your system for once-worn clothing?

Flung over the exercize equipment, isn't that what everyone does lol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I fold them neatly and leave on my dresser, or hang on my bedpost.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am far from a fashionista, but here's what I used to do when I worked and wore something briefly with me barely moving around and no sweating, and wanted to wear again without washing it.  I used to hang it back up, with the hanger facing the other way than the other hangers in my closet.  Kind of backwards hanging, I guess you could say.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 

That's nothing short of genius.... which is probably why I never thought of it!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I am far from a fashionista, but here's what I used to do when I worked and wore something briefly with me barely moving around and no sweating, and wanted to wear again without washing it.  I used to hang it back up, with the hanger facing the other way than the other hangers in my closet.  Kind of backwards hanging, I guess you could say.

Thats a great idea!

Honored Contributor

I rarely wear tops twice.  Either it goes in the hamper or I hand wash it that night or the next morning.   When dry - back in the closet.  Casual cottons just go in the hamper.

Pants - I carefully put them on  the pants hanger and hang them separately on this over-the-door hanger rack.  

Honored Contributor

I put it back in the closet with all the other ready-to-wear clothing if it's still clean and neat.  Wearing it briefly does not taint it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hang "slightly-worn" clothing OUTSIDE for a while, and put them back on a clothes tree instead of in the closet.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I do as a previous poster mentioned and hang the item backwards.  I also use one of those cascading hangers that hold 5 items in the space of one hanger.  I'll hang a lightly used item there.