Valued Contributor

Re: What's your opinion on printed tops?

I wear alot of printed tops.  I think they hide a multitude of sins.  I wear loose, flowy tops.  I also wear alot of vertical stripe tunic blouses.  I only wear solid pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like printed tops.  I am selective about what I wear, but that's purely personal.  If I don't see it as harmonious to my sense of self, I avoid it.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I always wear printed tops when dining out.  I especially like to wear leopard prints when eating in Italian restaurants.

Busy prints hide a multitude of "schmutz".

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

I only wear basic colored pants/bottoms, but am always drawn to pretty printed tops. Since I am more "V" shaped, I am always concerned that prints make me look heavier. Dark solids are always flattering on me, but I don't want to wear solid black or navy all summer.  What do you think?  Do you wear printed tops?

@Trudey

I wear some print tops. Sometimes it is a print or striped tank top worn under a solid cardigan or blouse worn open, sometimes it is the cardigan or blouse that is printed. But I am picky about the prints and stripes I wear.

Honored Contributor

I wear printed tops. Usually the print is smaller. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Sparingly. I prefer solids in neutral colors for tops and bottoms. I always feel self-conscious in prints.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I'm a girl who loves color, so you won't ever see me in a plain grey, brown or black outfit!  My bottoms are always solid color, but the top could be just about anything.  The only solid colors I wear are my jackets and some T-shirts.  I have a lot of One World tops, which have interesting color combinations with placement printing, little embellishments and flattering silhouettes.  I am thin, but any excess winds up around my middle, so I never want to accentuate that stuff!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I wear both prints and solids ... tops and bottoms.  BUT - I almost always have a print somewhere - even if it's just a scarf.  (95% of my scarves are prints.)  

My tops are about 50% solid and 50% prints  

My summer pants are about 75% prints.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear what draws my eye in colors on the blue side of the color wheel.

If I wear all solids, it's to accent with a statement piece of jewelry.

Usually I do wear a print of some sort of stripes with a solid bottom to bring the eye upward.  I can go a long time without "falling in love" with a print or stripe, but I do get a lot of compliments on what I wear and my students wanted my clothes.

I love to mix a print and stripe in a top and scarf and people ask me often "how I did it". 

@Trudey, Great thread.  I'm enjoying reading these.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love prints!  It really adds some versatility to neutrals and goes great with jeans. I think there is a print for everyone. It's just a matter of scale and color and what Pattern you like-floral, stripes, polka dots, hearts, novelty, etc. 

Pairing different patterns is becoming prevalent in fashion though I haven't quite got the hang of it!