Respected Contributor

What's your opinion on printed tops?

I only wear basic colored pants/bottoms, but am always drawn to pretty printed tops. Since I am more "V" shaped, I am always concerned that prints make me look heavier. Dark solids are always flattering on me, but I don't want to wear solid black or navy all summer.  What do you think?  Do you wear printed tops?

Honored Contributor

Re: What's your opinion on printed tops?

There are very pretty prints and then there are gawdy prints.  I think Q offers too many of the gawdy prints...too many are wild colors and horizontal stripes.  Only a very thin person can wear those.

Respected Contributor

I think they're pretty, but I don't really wear prints.  I think it depends on the size of the print and the colors in the top.

Honored Contributor

I'm heavier on top than on the bottom and I avoid printed tops.  I have heard people say that prints can disguise but I feel like I look slimmer in a dark solid.

I will however wear a printed pant.  There are some cute ones ( I ordered a few pairs from Susan Graver) that look good with a solid top.  I can wear them since I'm thinner on the bottom.

Valued Contributor

I wear a XL in most of QVC tops.  I carry more weight waist up.  At 64 years old I have decided to just wear what I love!  I wear white jeans or crops with tunic tops, wild colored prints, polka dots and stripes in my tops!  If it calls me I wear it.  Yes, I probably look slimmer in non-print tops in dark colors but it is so boring.  I love color and have finally got to the point where the only opinion on my outift that matters is mine!!!!  Life is too short to worry about what other people think. 

Respected Contributor

I do not wear prints (top or bottom).

Trusted Contributor

I love printed tops because I usually wear solid bottoms.  I love colorful tops and pretty jewelry with them. 

Honored Contributor

I wear what makes me happy - & if that is a top that I look a pound or 2 heavier in  - so be it. I enjoy nice jewel tone color and I enjoy prints. As Jeanne Bice used to say - if you can't lose it , decorate it.

Respected Contributor

When I wear a brightly colored printed top, I always get compliments on how nice I look in bright colors or how pretty the top is.  When I wear darker solid tops, the comments are usually about how much slimmer I look.  I guess a good combination of solids and prints is good to have in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

I love them.  It took me a couple years to get used to them, but now that is all I buy, it seems.