Valued Contributor

Re: What's your latest fashion "score"?

I  love getting things on sale and great finds.   Mine was just the other day.  Men's polo shirts for 3.00.  Washed and dried and came out nice.  I also picked up a pair of cropped

pants for me in gray and perfect for the office.   Didn't do a lot of shopping for myself this summer and just don't need it but nice to get something new every so often anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My latest fashion score is not for myself but for my husband. He doesn't like shopping very much but I do so I will browse the sales racks for shirts for him. He looks good in shades of blue and I got him a nice linen turquoise and cream windowpane check camp shirt on sale at Hudson's Bay in Canada for about $27. The shirt's regular price was nearly $70. I had seen them in a different Hudson's Bay store when they were on sale for $50 and waited for them to come down. The brand is Black Brown. 

My husband is clueless about how much clothes cost and that there's been an increase in the price of clothing in the past year due to the drop in the CDN dollar.

Honored Contributor

Angeipuppy: Goodwill w/tags still on the jacket.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

The dress is an online only item so someone had ordered it and then returned it to the store.  It was marked 90% off and just happened to be in my size.  The sweater had a small hole at the top of the shoulder and was also 90% off.  I was able to fix it and cannot even see where I repaired it.

I know some do not care for Kohls but I love my local store.  It is very clean and the racks are all very neat.   I find many items on their clearance racks and then with a 30% I can really get a steal.  Their Chaps brand is probably my favorite.  

I will say this has been my best deal to date!  I should frame my receipt!,Woman LOL

@4kitties

Sounds wonderful!  And I agree -- I love Kohls!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Sue in cincinnati wrote:

AngelPuppy1:  This is a fun topic. Yesterday while searching for a birthday gift for a friend in Macy's, I had to stop by and look at Charter Club

department.  Found 3 pair of $49.90 crop pants (khaki, navy and

a tiny black & white stripe - all with button detail at the bottom of the leg).

They were marked down to $14.99 - with a 25% off coupon, they cost

me $11.24 each!!  Best of all, since I'm barely 5'4", they are ankle pants

on me.  I'm planning on wearing them into the fall.  Came home very

pleased with myself.  Needless to say, my husband is never impressed

with my bargains! 

@Sue in cincinnati

That is really awesome!  I love Charter Club and you got really terrifc buys!  

Honored Contributor

@busygirl wrote:

I  love getting things on sale and great finds.   Mine was just the other day.  Men's polo shirts for 3.00.  Washed and dried and came out nice.  I also picked up a pair of cropped

pants for me in gray and perfect for the office.   Didn't do a lot of shopping for myself this summer and just don't need it but nice to get something new every so often anyway.

@busygirl

Very nice!  And even if you don't need anything, a little something added to the wardrobe gives a bit of spice!  

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

My latest fashion score is not for myself but for my husband. He doesn't like shopping very much but I do so I will browse the sales racks for shirts for him. He looks good in shades of blue and I got him a nice linen turquoise and cream windowpane check camp shirt on sale at Hudson's Bay in Canada for about $27. The shirt's regular price was nearly $70. I had seen them in a different Hudson's Bay store when they were on sale for $50 and waited for them to come down. The brand is Black Brown. 

My husband is clueless about how much clothes cost and that there's been an increase in the price of clothing in the past year due to the drop in the CDN dollar.

@TY

That's very nice!  I shop for my DH also, and he has no clue what clothes cost now either!!! 

Honored Contributor

I have a new "score" to add.  Yesterday I found a beautiful Ann Klein purse at Marshall's for $14!  It is red and has a polka dot silky lining.  It was originally $79!!!  Red is my favorite color and I can't wait to carry it!!!! 

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Zulilly-I don't understand why people don't like it. Delivery may not be instant, but the selection is huge and they have offerings you are not likely to find in stores.

I have picked up some beautiful kimonos and gorgeous scarves....Scarves are truly amazing: you can take a basic outfit and change the look entirely with a scarf. 

Living in Florida, when it gets chilly, I layer and I don't really need to buy more clothes....but scarves lend an entirely new element. I will certainly be buying more!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I LOVE Zulilly-I don't understand why people don't like it. Delivery may not be instant, but the selection is huge and they have offerings you are not likely to find in stores.

I have picked up some beautiful kimonos and gorgeous scarves....Scarves are truly amazing: you can take a basic outfit and change the look entirely with a scarf. 

Living in Florida, when it gets chilly, I layer and I don't really need to buy more clothes....but scarves lend an entirely new element. I will certainly be buying more!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I used to browse on there, but they don't take returns, do they?  I couldn't shop that way because with clothing, etc., I never know if I might have to exchange sizes, etc.  I am glad that you are finding wonderful things!