Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite neckline?

V and boat/bateau (especially when sleeveless)
Trusted Contributor

Whatever hides the most. I despise my crepey decollete. I usually go with bateau, turtleneck (in winter), or crew neck.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

I like most all except bateau or boat neck because I have narrow shoulders and the bra straps show on both sides. Also don't like stand-up collars which poke me in the neck. Otherwise, almost everything is ok with me. Oh, also don't like crew neck because it looks like menswear.

Honored Contributor

A true boatneck.

And for us totally pear-shaped chicks, it helps balance our proportions by widening the shoulders. 8)

Esteemed Contributor

Bateau and crew necks. I have small shoulders and it widens them with a bateau neckline. It's also good for my heart shaped face. Better than V necks.

Super Contributor

I think a bateau is very flattering.

Respected Contributor

On 3/1/2015 hsawaknow said: I love sweet heart necklines but they are hard to find. Next would be the V-neck.

Same here.

I don't like the "off center" necklines, they look weird. I would be fidgeting with that, trying to make it straight,lol..

Respected Contributor

Ballet and scoop.

V necklines are flattering. But it's hard to find ones that aren't too deep - or too high.

Esteemed Contributor

Deep, deep, deep V!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

My neck is so long and scrawny that a top with a higher neckline looks best. The true turtleneck is awesome on me and is my favorite. I have a wardrobe of turtlenecks in fabrics from the heaviest Aran wools to sleeveless cotton voiles. I also like the classic crew neck on me. Another good look on me is the ballet and boat necks because they show off my collarbone so well. If there is one neckline I don't gravitate to it's the V. I find it limiting for jewelry and my eyes don't see it as being flattering on me.