Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's your favorite neckline and why?

I like v-necks best. I can't stand to wear turtle necks; makes me very uncomfortable.
Respected Contributor

I also love turtlenecks, though my hair stylist says that with my short neck (I didn't realize it's short--but it IS) I should wear v necks and scoop necks. But I don't like a lot of chest showing. I don't think it's very beautiful if you are older even if your chest isn't crepey and if you are in ok shape. I just don't find it appropriate on me--your mileage (and style!) may vary!

Esteemed Contributor

Necklines can make or break a piece, at least for me. You really have to go with the frame (size) of your body and height to achieve the most flattering look, I think.

I'm petite, size S, and I like jewel, scoops and Vs, sometimes boats, but sqares are so nice, but you hardly ever find them. I rarely wear turtles.

Honored Contributor

V neck here.

Trusted Contributor

I look best in a crewneck. I don't know why. My shoulders are narrow and my chin-to-neck skin sags a bit, cutting out t-necks. I don't like showing my upper chest, so scoops and v-necks are out. A crewneck is a tailored look, which is my style.
Honored Contributor

I wear various necklines. I am tall and have a nice long neck. I live in Fl. so no turtlenecks for me - too warm. I do not wear the plunging necklines that show a lot of cleavage because I do not feel comfortable with that look.

Trusted Contributor

V-neck definitely looks best on me, but I also will wear scoop necks that are not too low.

Super Contributor

I have a long thin neck and wide shoulders and short hair .... and my preferred look(s) include:

Turtleneck is by far my favorite - that's about all I wear in cooler weather. My neck has to be warm.

In no particular order ... mandarin collar, button front with collar, crew neck.

I layer all other necklines over one of my preferred, i.e. scoop or square over turtleneck. I avoid V neck. Just don't like the look.

Respected Contributor

I have a long neck and narrow shoulders so boat necks make me look like I have NO shoulders (plus my bra straps show) and low scoop or v-necks make my neck look even longer (not a look I want) so I like to stick with anything that's not too low and with tops that have several inches of material between the base of my neck and the shoulder seam, to give the illusion of broader shoulders.

Super Contributor

V-neck, because I always wear a pendant. NO turtlenecks for me.