Respected Contributor

Re: What's up with the new dress selection at Target...

@cactusgal wrote:

@aubnwa01: About 7 years ago DH and I were at a Kmart in Glendale,AZ. We had just gotten into are car when about 5 women from the FLDS church walked into the store. My jaw dropped as I have never in my life seen them before. But you are right they did have dresses on that look like the ones Target is selling.Woman Happy

@cactusgal  Yeah, they were an odd lot.  Only spoke to each other & it was always the women & young girls in town.  My friend told me the women were on welfare as unwed mothers & collecting big money on all the kids & using Medicaid for any medical.  They were running quite a scam collecting all that money, but only 1 was legally married in the eyes of the state & all the other "wives" were unwed mothers.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Oh my goodness!  Haven't thought about gunnie Sax in decades.   Really brings back memories.Good memories.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Some time over the past year, perhaps it was in the spring, or it could have been during 2020 someone posted photos here of Katie Holmes strolling the streets of NY in a dress like these. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I am in the minority as I actually like some of these!  I saw some really cute ones in Target a week ago.  I wore some similar to this ages ago when I was young.  I think they are kind of hippie, boho, and if worn with the right shoes, etc., look really sweet!  If I were young again, I'd wear some of them.  And they look really comfortable, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

My target is almost sold out of them so they sell.  Not for me that's for sure. 

Honored Contributor

Look like Mormon clothes

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Some of these are really cute if you wear the correct size (not too big) and pair them with tights and boots. 

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper 

Yeah, and they have those cute hats that are kind of felt and like fedoras or something, that the youger ones are wearing.  I think they are adorable!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

You seem "fun". Haha. Thank you Nataliesgramma for the LOL this morning!

Super Contributor

A new look for some (but not if you did the granny dresses in the 70's!) Fits in with the cozy and homey look we currently see in loungewear.