Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's up with all the pull on pants?

@Sooner wrote:

Can you imagine that people actually shame those wearing pull on pants?  Now if that doesn't make you laugh and shake your head I don't know what will!!!!!   Woman Very Happy

Should I aspire to a button at the waist?  Woman Very Happy

Nobody was "shaming" anyone. It was my opinion that QVC sells mostly pull-on pants. Sometimes a banana is just a banana. Some people took this so personally........

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@depglass wrote:

My mind immediately goes to "sweatpant" when I see this style, so I can't make myself buy them. 

I said that at one time, too.  Then I got old.  lol

Me too. Pretty nice considering the alternative! Just remember.....

Image result for old is good

Contributor

Some people are tired of getting tiny holes in all their shirts from the button on the jeans.

Honored Contributor

I'm 68 (good grief, lol), I no longer have the svelte body of the past. I still prefer zipper and button pants, but, on the flip side, I prefer elbow length sleeves. Go figure, huh! I am apparently all over the place. You can't put me in any of the boxes that it seems some think exist. It really is.....to each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Not a nice thing to say.

@songbird 

And also not true.  I'm post-meopausal and I don't wear pull-on pants.  Prefer zipper pants and also hate all that stretch they're putting into pants now.  They don't stay put.

Thank you! I'm post-menopausal too and don't like the casual look of pull-on slacks. Man, this was a weirdly touchy subject, huh. 

@Effie54I honestly didn't think this was a touchy subject until someone made a predictable comment about "older women".

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer them.  I hate zippers and snaps and buttons, etc.  I just pull up and go along my way.  Easier and also more space... does not have to be an exact exact size.  

Keep them coming QVC.  

Respected Contributor

Unless you tuck in your shirt, I don't see why pull-on matters. You can't even see the top of the pants with most longer shirts these days. I actually do tuck and still like pull-on pants.Smiley LOL

I guess the OP is outnumbered based on most of the comments here. That is "what's up with all the pull on pants." Women love them!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Not a nice thing to say.

@songbird 

And also not true.  I'm post-meopausal and I don't wear pull-on pants.  Prefer zipper pants and also hate all that stretch they're putting into pants now.  They don't stay put.

Thank you! I'm post-menopausal too and don't like the casual look of pull-on slacks. Man, this was a weirdly touchy subject, huh. 

@Effie54  Many of my pull-on pants are very dressy! Some are more flowy, some are made of exactly the same material as dressy pants with button & zipper. My shirts/tops/blouses all cover the area where a zipper would be, so what's the difference? 

The blanket statement that all pull-on pants look casual (or a blanket statement of any kind) is, I think, what sets a lot of us off. 

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

My question is: Exactly what is wrong with being old?

Not a thing!!  It sure beats the alternative.

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

My question is: Exactly what is wrong with being old?

@ Montana  Yes! I really dislike the insulting of old people by saying something looks "old-lady"...clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, etc.. 

Why can't we just live and let live, and let everyone wear what they feel comfortable in without being insulting?

I'm a cancer survivor, and proud to say I am 64 years old! I don't like hearing someone say they are X number of years young. Be proud of your age! There's nothing wrong with being old!