Super Contributor

I have been watching Iman on and off today and is there a problem?  She is extremely quiet and not particularly enthusiastic or friendly.  It seems like the hosts try to humor her with exaggerated compliments on her TS.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.  

Respected Contributor

The last time she was on she abruptly left the set like she was ill. I noticed then that she kept moving her mouth around like her mouth was really dry. Just figured she maybe had a bug or something. I noticed again this afternoon that she's doing the same thing with her mouth. I agree that she doesn't seem like herself. I sure hope nothing is wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

I have been watching Iman on and off today and is there a problem?  She is extremely quiet and not particularly enthusiastic or friendly.  It seems like the hosts try to humor her with exaggerated compliments on her TS.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.  

@Elizabeth03, who could possibly know?  She could be sick, tired, worried.  Maybe someone rubbed her the wrong way?  Maybe the host or a production person got on her nerve.......any number of things.  Iman is human, after all.

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

Re: What's up with Iman??

[ Edited ]

Glad Im not the only one to notice this.  It makes for an awkward presentation - especially for the hosts who are trying to hard so promote the TS.  

Honored Contributor

Mane she is still morning her DH death..it hasn't been that long.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

Glad Im not the only one to notice this.  It makes for an awkward presentation - especially for the hosts who are trying to hard so promote the TS.  

The hosts are supposed to be professionals.  If someone wants to buy they will w/o Iman's less than jovial disposition.  The price point matters more.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor
I watched last night for two hours and I am watching now and I have not noticed this at all. I noticed she needed to get a chair but I figured she may still be having issues with her leg. She has been friendly with the callers...I just really haven't noticed anything awkward.
Honored Contributor

I just read (for what it's worth) that she is still mourning her husband's death.

The article talks about how close she and David Bowie and their daughter (Alexandria, they call her Lexie) were.  The article said the daughter is still very upset about her Dad's death.

It also said, (paraphrasing) "Sources say several wealthy men have asked her out and she turns all of them down.  She doesn't go out other than going to work and home.

I don't know if it's true but it was just this week I saw it.

These all day all night things on these shows must be extremely strenuous.  I can't imagine how difficult it is to say the same thing over and over.

I know they make a lot of money and bla bla.  She donates tons of money to her Country of birth.  She's always done a lot to improve their life.  I've always thought that was why she makes this clothing line, to donate the money.

Goodness knows David Bowie was way more than wealthy.

Maybe she's having a down day.  Maybe something happened between them in the past on this day and it is bringing back memories.  These dates for these things are set months ahead so she probably couldn't get out of it.  She's a professional so she'd show up but maybe it's just difficult for her.  As a widow myself I know it's been 13 years since my husband died and sometimes it seems like yesterday.  Anything can trigger bouts of loneliness.

It isn't bad or rude other's noticed.  We are all human.  I think it just means normally she's upbeat and today people noticed she isn't.  We'll all give her a break.

Super Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

The hosts are supposed to be professionals.  If someone wants to buy they will w/o Iman's less than jovial disposition.  The price point matters more.

itiswhatitis:

I agree with you, but the guests that are selling their wares are expected to be just as professional. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Mane she is still morning her DH death..it hasn't been that long.

I agree she probably has her good days and not so good days.  From pictures I have seen of her and her husband they seemed very close.  I have been watching off and on and she has seemed fine and even laughing and joking with the host.  But I have only watched off and on.