Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What's the Point?

[ Edited ]

@Justshop wrote:
Lately, when presenting fashions, there is one piece on set and then to show other colors available they go to .com. Also, there are fewer live models, instead showing videos of the piece being modeled. What's the point of live programming? I can watch .com on my own.

@Justshop @I can't stand this dot com thing either, but I think it is happening because of delays in getting samples to the studio due to pandemic related slowing. I don't think QVC does this because they want to. The fewer live models is to cut down on persons working on set because of COVID. I wish the camerapersons would zoom in on these models. They are shot from so far away that whatever they are wearing is not well displayed. 

Honored Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
Lately, when presenting fashions, there is one piece on set and then to show other colors available they go to .com. Also, there are fewer live models, instead showing videos of the piece being modeled. What's the point of live programming? I can watch .com on my own.

@Justshop   I thought that was just on Q2. Now on QVC, too?

Honored Contributor

I think it was a financial decision.  Costs QVC money to have so many garments "out" being worn or handled.

My thinking is that any clothes on the set or on the models have to be sold "as is."  

If you have one of each color on the rack, and then what the host changes into, and three models ..... that's a lot of clothes that can't be sold for full price.

Multiply that by how many fashion programs.