Honored Contributor

Re: What's that thing called?

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

I don't believe I ever saw them sold separately only as an adjunct to a top or a dress. I don't believe I've ever had anything with it and I'm sorry to hear they did not stay clipped. I like the idea because there are subtle and unobtrusive, I would prefer it to an obi or any other kind of belt, especially if it matches the fabric of whatever it is you're wearing

@Andreatoo,In the Jan 17 issue of Elle, (below), there are several pages of columns of models with designer's clothing.  Quite a few have on belts.  It might give you some good ideas.

Image result for jan 17 issue elle magazine

Honored Contributor

I don't want a belt. Just a quick fix for a garment that may be too wide.

@lolakimono   I'll check out the Walmart next time I'm in there but I don't know if you've ever tried to get help at a Walmart?! LOL Not making a special trip but this should be interesting

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lolakimono   I'll check out the Walmart next time I'm in there but I don't know if you've ever tried to get help at a Walmart?! LOL Not making a special trip but this should be interesting

@Andreatoo

Only if your WM also sells fabric...

Otherwise, go to Joann's.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
  1. @momtochloe
    Well boxy is clearly back so it's a good time for them again! Did you find that they didn't stay in place? I never had any experience with them

Actually @Andreatoo they worked great, I used them virtually every day and they held in place with no problems and back then they never snagged on the fabric.  Again the fabrics were on the thin side and the cut was very boxy but it did a great job of bringing some of the fabric into a more contained area.  I had a ton of them, some were just plain elastic but some were beaded, some had other decorations . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I had something similar to the plain one pictured.  I don't remember what they were called but they were sold as an "invisible belt.  I hooked one end through a belt loop on my jeans and the other side through another belt loop to pull my jeans together if they gabbed in the back.  I ended up tossing it because it kept snapping open.  LOL

Unless I could do it on the inside, I'd not want this showing on the outside of my clothes.  It reminds me of what they do to "cheat" on HSN and QVC and make tops look more fitted.  Then the host or models turn around and you can see the clips.         

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Yeah it's definitely not a fashion statement which is why I'd pick up the black; blendability.

730-336- Kate & Mallory® Mixed Media Sleeveless Keyhole Back Hi-Lo Top

While you wouldn't know it from the picture it's really quite roomy. Looks cute now but would be even better with that little bit of tweak in the waistline...I wear a lot of dark colors, predominantly blacks and olives, so that's the colors I'd pick up....

I wasn't considering it for pants! lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo,Do you have a seamstress that could take it in a little?