Respected Contributor

Re: What's a gal to do? Kankles.....

Funny, I have the opposite problem! I've often wished for thicker ankles because when your ankles are really skinny, you flop around in ankle booties or anything with an ankle strap and tall boots always look like they're too big for you. I have always envied women who actually filled out their boots!  So you see, there's always the opposite end of the spectrum!

Honored Contributor

@Kazsails  If you are anywhere near a JCPenney, they have some lovely lines of clothing that feature trousers or straight leg pants.  As a tall woman, I can tell you that I always find something at JCP's.  I've been shopping there over 35 years :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  I knew I would get some good opinions/advice.

I really can't wear pull on pants though, they just don't fit my body type.  I have larger hips but a smaller waist so they bunch up right in the middle of the stomach area.  Not a good look!  I'm also not a fan of linen or liquid knit type stuff.  Looking for a lighter weight cotton type pant.  I'm not really overweight (maybe 10lbs) and when I was at a normal weight I still had Cankles.  I think the best advice is I must not let it bother me so much and embrace it!  I went into to Talbots yesterday and almost everything was an ankle or crop pant, or jegging!  The only straight leg pants were dress pants, but I'm not looking for that.

It's just so frustrating sometimes. 

Thanks for letting me vent!

Respected Contributor

I don't have kankles, but when I was put on a certain medication, it made my ankles swell a little.  I asked my dr. if it was okay to start taking Andrew Lessman's Leg & Vein Support and he said yes.  It made a huge difference.  I don't plan to ever stop taking it.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried Kohl's? I don't have kankles/cankles but I do carry my weight in my lower body.So leggings,jeggings,skinny jeans are a big NO for me.I I head there and get pants for work.Try Lee or Gloria Vanderbilt. Different cut legs and lengths to choose.I would call them khaki type pants. Even their house brands have decent pricing and sizing. HTH

Honored Contributor

@Kazsails,Sweetie, I style figure problems all day.  If you like a slack with a longer more straight cut, try Rafella dress slacks from Belk.  I'm 5' 6" and still have to cut two inches off-to wear heels.

Also, if you can wear panty hose, chose the coffee or sheer black. 

Smile, wear a scarf and pull the eye upward.  No one will ever notice!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kazsails,   JJill just had a big sale 30% off sale prices and I believe they are offering some kind of sale now.  They do offer regular length pants and jeans.  They offer petite, regular, tall and women and their clothes are a very good quality for the money.  I always purchase during sales as I am retired but I also love sales.  Good luck.  BTW, My one Aunt had your type ankles and it did not stop her from wearing dresses.  However, it's how you feel about it that counts.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kazsails  I order petite pants, but I notice many also come in tall. Would that be a solution for you?

Honored Contributor

@Kazsails, I don't have cankles but I am a very hard fit in pants because I am a pear shape.

My favorite dress slacks are Investment brand from Dillards. They come in various fits.  Mine are all a straight leg and the fit is perfect. 

Regular Contributor

This should be your year fashion-wise because full leg and wide leg ankle pants have been absolutely everhwhere.  Also, they haven't stopped making full length summer pants.  I don't know if you are talking about all retailers or just QVC but if you only shop with Qvc on tv, that might be your problem.  Why limit youself to just what's on tv?