Honored Contributor

I can't describe it, I suppose modern, dressy casual.  The "Chicos" look.  I'm 55 but I don't cling to old styles, I like to look fashionable and modern and cool in a casual way.  I actually do shop at Chicos, not as often as I did in the past, but it's still one of my stores.  Here at QVC; I like Susan Graver tops and jackets;  I buy Mizrahai cardigans and he makes a bootcut jean style ponte pant that I own in every color.  Bootcut Dreamjeannes are my go-to jeans these days but I also like NYDJ.  Liz Claiborne does a maxidress that I live in every summer.  I own it it every color. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Style?

[ Edited ]

Know what I don't like? Volume and camoflage.  I dress for my body and I never met a sleeveless top that I didn't like.  I love structure. Love vs or boat necks...

It can be hard to avoid but I really dislike the excessive length/tunics.

Not a fan of heathered or space dyed because, to my eye, it looks worn and washed out; love dark saturated colors especially in the green/olive family...

I love a peplum but not that starts under your breasts wide sloppy one, the crisp demure peplum that flares just below the natural waist from a nice fitted bodice...

I prefer cold weather clothes to warm weather clothes, aesthetically speaking, even though I live in Miami ...lol

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I am a Ralph Lauren girl!

@colliegirls******Do you go on the RL .com when they have a sale?  Have you gotten anything?   I've even gotten Black Label then!

Respected Contributor

I enjoy my leather skirts, pants, jackets, etc. and it is typical for me to be wearing some when I dress up on Sundays. I love classic looks and avoid fad like styles.

Still getting compliments, so I must be doing something right. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

I'm a Bohemian gal. 
Free flowing, poet /peasant style tops, skinny jeans, boots with an emphasis on interesting detailing, muted colors and unique design.  Black is a mainstay in my closet, sometimes adding one color in a scarf or bag. And I won't be without my silver rings and trinkets!
Occasionally QVC will offer a top or accessory that I'll pick up but not from any particular designer.  If I like it, I'll buy it.  In the past I've found a good fit with leggings and stick with that style, until they discontinue it.  But for the most part,  I shop via Free People online.
By the way, I have enough scarves that if they were tied together, they'd probably stretch from NYC to LA! 

I dress like you do, and I LOVE the clothing from Free People. I order a lot from them.

Respected Contributor

Only clothing lines I purchase on QVC are Linea by Louis Dell Olio and GILI. I guess I am sophisticated classic.

Honored Contributor

I like the Boho Chic style and wear mostly jeans and peasant type tops. Love jean jackets, boots and scarves. I still wear Birkenstocks in the summer and I own one black wrap dress , but only wear it to funerals.

Esteemed Contributor

Like @Meowingkitty, I'm strictly jeans casual and comfort these days.  When I worked, I wore suits, matching heels and purses - all very traditional, dressy/classy.   The only new clothes I've purchased since I retired are more and more skinny jeans, t-shirts, boots, leather jackets, crisp white shirts..... that's about it.  

If I was invited to some fancy shindig, I have no idea what I'd wear.  I'd have to go buy something dressy.  Eek!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I'm deciding more and more I don't want to be pegged with a particular style.  I try to not purchase all my clothing from the same retailer.  I make myself rotate pant types, leggings, straight leg, ankle, and boot cut, which automatically makes me match different style tops.  I refuse to wear all these uneven hemlines and flowing fabric.  I like layering, especially for special occasions, but I must see a slim trim look when I look in the mirror, and not a figure with yards and yards of fabric.  Sleeveless and shorts are not my look, but I love seeing other women wear it if they can pull it off. 

Respected Contributor

i wear some classic and love to add in trendy pieces.  i'd

have to say more modern than classic though. my clothes can last a long time.a\nd still look good.