Regular Contributor

What's Your Fashion Pet Peeve?

Mine is thin, see through tops. When I buy a top I don't want to have to wear a cami underneath it.  It isn't just Q because I notice the same problelm in brick and mortar stores. This winter I saw sweaters that would require a cami which is ridiculous.  LLBean has some nice t shirts that aren't see through but they're a bit short.  I prefer a 26in length. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Fashion Pet Peeve?

High water pants or pants with no pockets

Respected Contributor

People who follow every fashion trend. You know the ones who have no style of their own they just follow what others do. 

Respected Contributor

Button shirts with "gaposis" !

Respected Contributor

@evergreen I agree with you about this issue with tops and also some dresses and skirts.  And  especially  light color slacks--white for example--should be  lined.

At least with the dresses and  skirts you can wear a slip, full or half, but it is much harder to find the pants liners for slacks made of slip type material.  Used to be able to years ago.  I should go do  a  search  for them.

You often see prints of dress material where  if there is a split  in the skirt you can see that the reverse of the fabric is white--looks llike gauze--instead of the print on the front  or at least a dark color.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Maybe I am old school... but I hate seeing bra straps and or bras showing... some women wear t shirts and should not be... for the size they are.... or,  for the the NOT bra coverage.  It is tacky and awful. I can not figure out what they are thinking being so exposed.  The worse part is that the bras look old and dirty. 

Super Contributor

Women who wear cothes that are too tight.  I often see someone in something skin tight and think "that would look so nice if it were 1 or 2 sizes larger".  I am talking about the lucky ladies who are smaller than myself - I see it a lot on girls that would be under a size 10.

Honored Contributor

White shoes, bold prints, metallic shoes and super tight pants with short tops. 🐪🦶is gross.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am not a prude in any way, but frankly, I don't like seeing cleavage.  I just don't know why women wear such low cut things that the tops of their breasts show.  What is the point of that?  The only thing I can think is that it is to be se*y and to attract someone.  I just think it is distasteful.  There, I said it, and it is my opinion only, so don't bash me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

How about those long sleeve tops, even the ones with thumb holes, that scoop down sooo low that skin is showing.   but boy are my wrists'  nice and warm.

If its cold enough to wear long sleeves,  cleaveage ain't gonna keep you warm. and really not practical.