Frequent Contributor

What's Up with the D&C Seersucker Dress?

This item A395971 and A395976 was just introduced last week for $49.  Now it's reduced to $39 after only a week.  I bought it, and returned it within 15 minutes of trying it on; I thought it was awful.  However, for anyone who bought it and kept it, make sure you call QVC to get back an extra $10.  Why the drop in price so fast?  Maybe it got a lot more lousy reviews and returns than posted.  I have found that D&C has gone way downhill.  I don't buy from D&C anymore, but unfortunately I thought I'd give this dress a try.  The quality is terrible and I find that most of the D&C items are very matronly looking. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up with the D&C Seersucker Dress?

QVC constantly plays games with pricing.  There must be some method to their madness but who knows what it is?  I recently got a new item, a chambray shirt, which I really like.  I'd barely gotten it when the price dropped $15.  I got my price adjustment. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some reviews are very entertaining like this one for this dress.

"Why why why do arm holes have to fan out like a tulip. Who’s body does that?"

Honored Contributor

I checked the item out of curiousity.  I like it but the reviews all mention the armholes.  I was wondering why the models have jackets over the dress and now I know!  An easy pass for me although I think it's a cute dres.

Esteemed Contributor

ordered a GILI velevet jacket that was reduced since it was  winter merchandise and there were alot of negative reviews. Well , the jackey  was cut oddly small so after going up 2 sizes , it fit. I went to order another one since I figured out  the sizing mismatch and the price of the jacket went up $6  on a winter item. Waht games are being played ?

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Some reviews are very entertaining like this one for this dress.

"Why why why do arm holes have to fan out like a tulip. Who’s body does that?"

@Foxxee,

That's so funny!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I've seen this before where all the models hold their arms straight at their side and never move them away. Then reading reviews and many remark on the huge armholes,

then I know. 

I think it really is deceptive to keep showing it as if nothing is wrong.They are defective.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

You can see that there's something goofy about the armholes, but it's such an easy fix. Just stitch up the seam under the arm an inch or so. I get why someone wouldn't want to do that with a new item, however, but it can be done if one really loved the dress. I can tell by looking at this dress that it would not look good on me though, anyway.

Briggsie