Respected Contributor

Capris, T shirt, and flip flops are my uniform around the house. When Sunday comes around, I love to dress up. In winter when the temperature drops to 50º or lower, you're likely to see me in a leather suit, boots, and gloves. Enjoy what you love. 

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

The best thing about aging is finding you are more interested in developing your own personal style then you are in keeping up with every trend.

For me, personal style is the perfect combo of some trend and some classic that when blended together produces "my look".  Not "young". Not "old".   Me. 

Once this level of comfort with yourself is reached, you not only look great, but you feel great too.  

...and people notice!

You stated it the best on this post.  So many ladies can't seem to figure this out, and look absolutely ridiculous trying to follow trends.  I truly admire others who can figure out what looks best on them and ignore the urge to buy the latest look being pushed by these retailers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

The best thing about aging is finding you are more interested in developing your own personal style then you are in keeping up with every trend.

For me, personal style is the perfect combo of some trend and some classic that when blended together produces "my look".  Not "young". Not "old".   Me. 

Once this level of comfort with yourself is reached, you not only look great, but you feel great too.  

...and people notice!

You stated it the best on this post.  So many ladies can't seem to figure this out, and look absolutely ridiculous trying to follow trends.  I truly admire others who can figure out what looks best on them and ignore the urge to buy the latest look being pushed by these retailers. 

Totally agree about finding your own style. But I have to say, sometimes it is very hard to find *your* style out at retail or on-line when the trend is something else.

For example ... skinny/slim pants are *in* and it's very hard to find many straight leg/bootcut pants. Uneven hems are *in* so that seems to be all you see available to buy.

Yes you can find just about anything you want ... but sometimes it sure is hard to find the exact thing you want at a reasonable price.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

To some extent I envy you gals.  I have always loved fashion.  I love to see new styles that come out, and many times back again.  I would personally find it boring to wear the same style year after year.  Sure I have many classic pieces in my wardrobe, but change is good.  I am retired and still am stylish every day.  But in the end, we should always dress in what makes us feel good about ourselfs regardless of the trends.

Honored Contributor

They will have to pry corduroy from my cold, dead hands.

Respected Contributor

Is corduroy in or out now? I was thinking about getting some dark brown thin wale pants from LL Bean. I have enough jeans so was looking for something new for winter, if we ever have one.

Honored Contributor

It's the "icky" things!-----  Cellute in tights with short shirts!  I see these SO much in retail!  How?

Honored Contributor

I don't care if others choose to dress down, way down, I'm not going out in jeans and a t-shirt/sweatshirt or those toddler elastic waist pants from D&C that have sold in the millions, or is it billions now?

Respected Contributor

I don't like to see people's hoo hoo showing.