Honored Contributor

Re: What's New in my Closet (winter 2020)...

Love your little capeydoo, @MacDUFF .  Adorable!

And you look FABU in all of the other outfits, you fashionista, you!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  I LOVE your sweater/capelet "thingy", and LOVE how you paired it! Well done😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Love the little caplet on you, you wear it well.  You have a good sense of style and know what looks good on you, that is half the battle to looking good in your clothes.  You would be fun to shop with.

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN  Thanks jB...our weather is just now changing.  Last week, I wore spring outfits twice.  Spring is coming!  :yahoo:

@DiAnne   Both your animal prints sound beautiful, but you know that I really want to see the navy/pink zebra cashmere!!  Are you able to post a pic??  I rarely see cashmere in prints.

Thank you @Chi-town girl   I check your informative HSN threads often and always wish y'all would post pics.  hint hint

@QueenDanceALot   Capeydoo...I love it hahaha!  Thanks woman.

@SandySparkles and @miata1  Thanks so much, ladies.  :heart:

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  You're welcome.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Two thrifted items...

$3 Madison pink cashmere that is too tight and too short, but as soft as my Nordstrom Signature and Theory cashmere.   I removed the tag, but it's a medium that I figure someone accidentally shrunk into a small...it barely comes to the top of my jeans, is quite snug in the chest and torso, but the arm length is perfect. 

But...it's perfect for a base layer!  Thrifted cashmere is now on my list to use for base layers.  I could get real spoiled.

The $1 scarf is a perfect (narrow!) 20" width...lightweight oblong lambswool hand-knitted in Ireland.  It's ombre'd (is that a word?) from ink blue to pale lavendar.  I bought it to wear with my navy wool car coat.  Too bad I didn't even wear the wool coat this season...

20200309_173855.jpg

Honored Contributor

I can't really post pictures but I got it a J. Crew so it may still be on the site.  It is pale pink and navy.  

Esteemed Contributor

These are the last two pieces that I added to my winter closet.

Who knew that I'd ever wear a twinset again?  Not me.

Who knew that I'd ever wear a cardigan again?  Certainly not me!  But, hear me out...

The cardigan has a shawl collar and points on the front panels that angle inward and stay in place.  The matching mock neck shell prevents the glaring center gap that you get with a white tee, for example, or a patterned top underneath...I don't want the eye to be drawn to my mid-section thankyouverymuch, but that's just me.

This twinset is ribbed cashmere.  It came into the boutique where I volunteer.  The woman who was sorting that day decided these had to go to Goodwill because they had holes and a few stains.  She tossed them in the GW bin, then pulled them back out.  After I finished a training session, she asked me if I wanted them...we can keep anything going to the GW if we think we can clean or fix them.

I took them home, spent a few hours sewing 22 teensy tiny pinholes with clear thread...my eyes were blurry, my back was bowed, and my head was throbbing!  But, it worked...you have to exam the pieces up close to find where the holes were.  I spot cleaned the pieces and hung them outside to air dry. 

Do I care that the beautiful pale mint green is not my best color?  Do I care that it has a hi-low hem (that I'm tired of seeing)?  Do I care that some fashionistas might think twinsets are outdated?  No, no, no I do not.

Who am I to refuse...on flimsy nit-picky idiosyncrasies...a St. John cashmere twinset for $0 and a few hours of sewing?

20200309_175656.jpg

20200308_133129 (1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, disclaimer...

As far as my research (and reseach by a few of the fashionistas at the boutique) showed, this is an authentic St. John label.  Apparently, it's a "St. John Yellow Label" label...part of their sport line, but geared toward the younger crowd.  I sent an email to St. John company, but never heard back and forgot to follow-up.  The consensus was that this is authentic, just based on the quality, but I admit it could be a knockoff.  

Does anyone know anything about this label?

20200309_174818.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

So, there you have it...all of the items I purchased from early Oct 2019 to the end of Jan 2020.  I didn't buy anything else, including jammies, socks, footwear, handbags, undies or jewelry.  Yeah baby!

Spring forward!!!!