Respected Contributor

Re: What's New in my Closet (winter 2020)...

@MacDUFF 

Your smile is like a ray of sunshine. And, I love your style.

I have this capelet (it is much bluer than pictured) I purchased at  Blarney Woollen Mills.

Fisherman Aran Capelet

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF, Wow, You are beautiful in that. I think you should stop the twinset hating and embrace that look. Stunning!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF  Oh my. How I do love that look. It's classic. Thanks for posting it.

I like the jewelry choices.  I would also like to see some jewelry in black because the contrast on the mint green top would be bolder. Who could carry bolder better than our MacDuff? Before I forget - please give my regards to your DH.

Black onyx or Black Spinel Beads

Image result for black onyx necklaceImage result for black onyx necklace

or even a Black Pendant on a long chain.

Image result for black onyx necklaceImage result for black onyx necklace

and earrings

Image result for black onyx earringsImage result for black onyx earrings

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @spiderw  ...I, too, would like more colors in that capelet.  Also, different details like the one @lulu1 posted.  Hi lulu!  Thanks so much and love your capelet...printed it to show whomever I find to make me another one (or 3)...the buttons are a great touch!

I like twinsets @tiny 2 but haven't really seen any lately...I'm probably just not seeing them 'cuz they're such classics that they have to be around. I think they're a little too "dressy" for my lifestyle. Hope you are well, tiny!

@Tique  Yes, ITA that this mint would be a great bold contrast with black, but I refuse to buy any more jewelry hahaha!  That crescent necklace is tempting, tho!  Give me a few minutes...I'll show you the 2 necklaces I have that go best with the twinset.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  I got distracted!

I tried to tweak pics to show true color 'cuz it looks bland, but it's not...it's pale, but obviously mint green even from afar.

This is what I came up with from my jewelry stash (other than the pearls/gold).  I'm not thrilled with any of them, but the first pic is the go-to as it's the most casual.  Looking at this pic, though, I think I'm going to ditch the middle chain.

The thin black chains don't really provide enough bold contrast, plus they're too dressy (bling) for my casual lifestyle. 

The "jade" (don't know what the stone is, but believe some sort of semi-precious somethingorother) is a gorgeous piece, but, again, too dressy.  And it leaves too much "space" below it.  

Anyway, enough with winter...on to spring!

20200320_151503.jpg

20200320_152007.jpg

20200320_152452.jpg

20200320_152512.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~