Respected Contributor

Re: What's New in my Closet (winter 2020)...

@MacDUFF wrote:

So, there you have it...all of the items I purchased from early Oct 2019 to the end of Jan 2020.  I didn't buy anything else, including jammies, socks, footwear, handbags, undies or jewelry.  Yeah baby!

Spring forward!!!!

@MacDUFF :  Thank you for the breath of fresh air this morning....I appreciate the distraction.  You look fabulous and love the "St. John" twinset.  Of course it's authentic, you bought it.  Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Okay, disclaimer...

As far as my research (and reseach by a few of the fashionistas at the boutique) showed, this is an authentic St. John label.  Apparently, it's a "St. John Yellow Label" label...part of their sport line, but geared toward the younger crowd.  I sent an email to St. John company, but never heard back and forgot to follow-up.  The consensus was that this is authentic, just based on the quality, but I admit it could be a knockoff.  

Does anyone know anything about this label?

20200309_174818.jpg

@MacDUFF   first of all let me say I'm a little miffed. You don't like cardigans or twin sets. That should have been a gift to me - of course after you made all the repairs. Heart

Now that's out of the way, the label is definitely authentic.

Image result for yellow st john label picture

Image result for yellow st john label picture

Oh and I'm trying to take the high road so I will say: You look fabulous. Thumbs up for going out of your comfort zone.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

HI @Hoovermom ...long time...hope you are well!  Heart  I'm glad to provide a distraction (and a good chuckle now and then, I hope).  Fashion has always been a bit of an escape from the responsibilities and drudgery of life for me.  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Hey @Tique ...it's so good to chat with you again and thanks for making me smile!  Heart 

I'm taking your word as the final authority on it's authenticity. You're about 4th in line for that twinset hahaha! 

I was going to post a pic of it styled with a black pencil skirt, boots, and a strand of pearls...a classy, classic look for the kind of event I rarely go to...but I didn't want to rub salt in your wounds hehehe. 

Thanks and have a great day woman!

Honored Contributor

Oh come on @MacDUFF . Rub salt. I would love to see that look whenever you get a chance.

Thank you for the idea about the clear thread. I have a spool and had never thought of using it to darn one of those pesky little holes that appear every now and then.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I have two of these capelets that I bought years ago at a craft fair.  I think mine are a bit shorter though.  I rarely wore them but thanks @MacDUFF  for reminding me about them.  I'll have to look for them. You look great.

Hard to get excited about buying anything new for the spring/summer with this lockdown.  Guess we will be looking cute sitting on our couches!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique   The clear thread is great...I don't have to try and match every darned shade in the world, but hard to see and can be difficult to work with.  

Here ya go...in case I'm called to testify in a high-profile case hahaha.  Linea Leisure black pencil skirt, Coach knee-high boots. 

FYI, I wear this with dark wash denim or black jeans...I usually wear those light wash G jeggings (that I wear around the house most days) to take the pics and am too lazy to switch out!  

20200317_220805.jpg

Image result for salt shaker

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique   I truly don't remember when I last wore these earrings or the faux pearls...it's been years.  There are no tags or brand ID on either, but IIRC the pearls are Ann Klein and the earrings are Carolee...both very old.  The herringbone is 18K gold from my Mom's trip to Italy back in the day.  I don't wear gold very much.

20200317_151413.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @Biftu I'm happy my pic jogged your memory...hope you get yours out and wear them in good health.  LOL about the couch.  I hear 'ya.  Here's what I looked like the past two days...

20200317_222745.jpg

Honored Contributor

That is an interesting pretty piece and looks very fashionable and stylish on you!  I would like it in  different colors, hope you find someone who can make a few!  It is always fun when you feel good in what you wear, it does give us a lift  !!