Honored Contributor

Re: What's New in my Closet (winter 2020)...

Oh I like that @MacDUFF  It's hits the areas where I get chilled (neck and shoulders) without making me feel like I have to fight my way out of it like a poncho.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

That really keeps your arms and hands free and your shoulders warm which is the main part that gets cold as they are not moving around as much as your hands and arms.  It is a neat idea and looks very nice on you.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF---girrrrlllll---you look fabulous !!!!!! I love that little capelet neck thingy!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yay, you're BACK!  LOVE the capelet @MacDUFF!

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   @sunshine 919   @wagirl   @DukeBlueNan 

Thanks!  HeartHeartHeartHeart

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday  @Bird mama 

Thanks!  HeartHeart

The freedom of movement really is a bonus, and I like it so much better than a scarf for keeping the neck/shoulders/upper arms warm.

Esteemed Contributor

These two are mock neck sweaters that are mostly functioning as sweatshirts for me.  I've probably gotten the most mileage out of these two than just about any other winter item...go figure.  I throw them on with or without any weight of a base layer (especially my black silk Cabella's turtleneck) and go. 

On weekends or when I get home from my unpaid job (volunteer...where I usually get more "dressed up") or from an appointment of some sort, I pop one of these on, and I'm comfy and warm.  (I can wear them to any casual event, too.)

The red leopard was the only retail purchase I made this winter...Tahari...$30 sale at SteinMart...I like that it's a saturated, darker red and that there are only two colors (red and black).  I prefer a "fashion color" in leopard rather than the more natural colors.

The black/white is a JJill...I guess you'd call it an all-over fair isle (?)...thrifted for $3 at the charity boutique where I volunteer. 

I'm not crazy about horizontal stripes around Botticelli belly, and they're both way more patterned than I normally wear, but, they're very well-made and, again, super functional, and I surprised myself by liking them and wearing them so much...

20200301_144958 (1).jpg

20200309_180139.jpg

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF   I like all your looks pictured here.  I have a back sunporch which looks similar to your room.

I'm in a sub trop climate.  I just put away all my woolens a couple days ago and got out my tees and cotton sweaters.  Seems we are going from cold to hot, no in between.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I agree about the animal prints in different colors.  I bought a square neck blouse in turq and black leopard to go under a black blazer and also a navy and pink zebra print cashmere sweater.  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  - you look BEAUTIFUL Heart Chic & contemporary! Love your style and how you find unique pieces without busting the budget! Inspired Style indeed!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri