Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's New in my Closet (winter 2020)...

A capelet! Yes, that's it, @Greeneyedlady21 ...thanks for posting (it was driving me nuts lol).  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @LoveMyBaby  and @Jtdmum  Thank you!

@MacDUFF 

You're welcome- you ALWAYS look good when you show us your lastest find. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Lisa Y  ...it's nice to "see" you again, and thanks.  Have I just been missing your posts?  It's been a while woman.  Hope you are well!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  Heck, I was hoping someone could tell me where to buy them hahaha.   And, actually, @Greeneyedlady21  gave us a clue (see her post...2nd or 3rd one after my OP).  I thrifted mine locally for $3 and am trying to find someone to knit more for me. 

I found this one on etsy for $100 by searching (I use bing, but you can google it) for Irish capelet.  Looks like I got a fantastic deal!  Hope you find something molly.  

Handmade Croshet Capelet Cape Irish Organic Wool Traditional image 0

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624   Yes, I was thinking of her.  I think @DiAnne knits, too.  Neither one lives near me, darn it hahaha!

Esteemed Contributor

20200304_015747 (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF   Ohhh....I love the phoenix, on fire!

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @phoenixbrd  We can't claim "forest," altho we wish hahaha.  But, semi-rural and lots of trees surrounding us and our neighbors.  It is lovely...I'm spoiled!  (Stay tuned for pics of the rest of my winter purchases.)

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  - You look very sexy in this outfit.  Really looks terrific on you.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I've purchased a grand total of 7 pieces and spent a whopping $42 (approx.) since early Oct 2019 (to end of Jan 2020)...no one is more shocked than I hahaha!

This piece garnered the most interest and compliments than any other item in the past few years...go figure. 

I've been a serious shopper, including craft shows, for 55 years, and I've never seen anything like this.  Which is not to say that it (or something similar) hasn't been on the market, just that I've never seen one.

Light gray/denim blue hand-knitted lightweight soft merino wool mock neck thingy thrifted for $3.  I swear I don't know whether to call it a scarf or a cape or a short poncho or what!  Goes with many things in my closet.

I have my feelers out for someone in my community who knits so I can commission them to make me a few more (but no more wool anything for me...don't need wool in my neck of the woods and prefer cashmere anyway).  I love it.

20200301_142658 (1).jpg

How cute are youSmiley Happy  Nice outfit.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF   Good Morning! It's good to "see" you, too. I check the boards daily, but don't usually post. I like to read the topics of the day and comment on whatever tickles my fancy.

All is well here, and I hope all is well with you and your family. 😊