Respected Contributor

Re: What popular brands or retailers do you not visit or purchase from?

I get tempted to buy fashion and shoes from Q but hold back because retuois expensive enough and I want to compare fit. Shopping is an experience and i want best I can get for my money
Valued Contributor

Walmart. When my son is President he will make it an official law I can never go. 

Respected Contributor

I really haven't shopped at B&M stores for many years. I'm addicted to buying stuff online.

(By the way, as another poster noted, ebay sells thousands of BRAND NEW items; I have purchased hundreds of them.)

Esteemed Contributor

Like someone else said, I have certain stores where I habitually shop all the time and tend to avoid all other retailers.   I definitely will not shop at our Target for many reasons.  Our Dillard's is poorly lit with low ceilings - it creeps me out.  Although I buy electronics, some cosmetics, and hardware from Walmart, I will never shop Walmart for groceries or paper products.  

Online, I will never shop at Amazon.  

(interesting thread)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I do almost all of my shopping online, so I search for what I need and see who has it. I am not boycotting any business right now.

However, I am boycotting a particular vendor on Amazon. They almost doubled the price of something I order regularly. Just greedy and I refuse to pay it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't buy anything form the most popular coffee shop everyone goes to.

A few years ago, we had a "tent city" set up on the city hall yard to protest the cutting of a tree which was being handled by local people.  They were just traveling and took advantage.  They created a trash problem and cost the city several thousand dollars.  Starbucks came regularly to serve them coffee and enable them.

Honored Contributor

I will not buy anything from Walmart or Macys.

I also do not buy from Starbucks but that is just because I don't care for their coffee.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Won't shop at Ulta in store nor online - way too expensive for everything when I can find what I'd want elsewhere, brand new, not opened or used, with safety seals and for less. Strikes me bizarre to find the same product(s) for less elsewhere as brand new, unopend, unused, and with no safety seals.

Evine clothes - way not worth anything as the fabrics are thin & cheap, bad quality if any at all.

Old Navy - a very messy store inside, can never find what I'm there looking for.

Any store that does not charge s/h when they rack you for s/h if you return the item(s). This too is very bizarre to me.

@PINKdogWOOD  Ulta does not sell second-hand cosmetcis.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY  It is so much easier to answer your question by just listing all the retailers I have ever bought clothes. If I listed all the places I have never bought clothes from, or won't buy clothes from, I could write a book...LOL

Ever since 2004 I only buy my clothes from QVC...

Before then, I bought my some clothes and undergarments from JCPenney, Sears, Cabela's, Dillards and Coldwater Creek.

Additionally, when I still lived in Connecticut, my other go-to store for clothes were Dress Barn, Filene's and Macy's...although that was back before 2000...LOL

I have never bought clothes from any other retailer than the ones I mentioned! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sundance Catalog. Prices are sky high.