Super Contributor

Re: What one thing could you do to enrich your life in 2015?

Core exercises with a Yoga Ball and strengthen and my arms/legs. De-cluttering. Have already begun by purging files and shredding. More clothing donations, it's a painful process that needs to be done.

Honored Contributor

I was also going to say to read more. I have the time, but just don't form the habit.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Karlakaye said: Clean out---simplify! Then READ! Ahhhhhhhh---sounds so good. Good luck to all of us.

Amen to that. That is what I need to do also.

Trusted Contributor

Clean out.....and do something with a tall stack of fed. savings bonds stuck away in a cupboard. Credit union informed me that they do not ""negotiate"" bonds. Skreww ' em. BUT what do I do now?
Honored Contributor

On 12/19/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Clean out.....and do something with a tall stack of fed. savings bonds stuck away in a cupboard. Credit union informed me that they do not ""negotiate"" bonds. Skreww ' em. BUT what do I do now?

Google for information........and good luck..........you probably have to deal with the Treasury

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Volunteer in the community

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this will enrich my life necessarily - maybe prevent future injury is more like it. I developed frozen shoulder (left) in 2004 and developed frozen shoulder (right) in autumn of this year. This means once in my 40's and once in my 50's. Not going there in 10 years when I hit my 60's. Once I get range of motion in this arm back I will commit to upper body workouts no less than 3 times a week. (Cripes I have a total gym and no excuse)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I was just talking to my BFF on the phone about this very thing earlier. She said she is making her New Year's resolution to pray more, attend church more and volunteer to help with their outreach programs more. I think that's a great idea and not only will it help others in the outreach programs but it will enrich her life as well. I think I may join her.

Super Contributor

I'm very technology phobic/illiterate. I can do basic things, but afraid to touch too many buttons because I won't know what to do, or get back to where I was prior. I would like to get a smart phone in 2015 (one that is not too difficult), and learn how to use it. My husband and son are very tech savvy, and I know they would help me, but want to learn enough to do it by myself, without asking for help all the time. Also need to get back into doing my crafts more, and using the computer less.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Lanikins said:

I would like to learn to speak Spanish. We travel a lot and it's obviously not fair to expect the world to speak English.

I love studying languages, Lanikins. I brush up my Spanish & French on duolingo.com, which is free. If you have no Spanish background, I don't think it is going to make you fluent, but it will give you lots of vocabulary and help build a foundation. Learning a language is an ongoing process. I "study" on duolingo almost daily. If you are persistent and patient, you will definitely learn. Good luck and happy trails! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}