Esteemed Contributor

I think its horrible!

Honored Contributor

Re: What on earth is Susan wearing?

Even if I liked this top, I would just get out my decades-old sewing machine and run a few long seams for under $9.  I do not.

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I don't think Susan has ever done cotton.

Insomniac back in the mid-90s Susan experimented with crinkled cotton in a line called Toteables. Most of the designs were crinkled cotton versions of her (then) peachskin items.  In my opinion Toteables was a good line from Susan.  The fabric was very soft and durable.  My late mother never bought Susan's faux silk peachskin, but she really liked Toteables.  I had a pair of Toteabls red drawstring pants which I loved.  They were loose and baggy, but that's what I wanted them to be.  

I saw the overlay top and it wasn't that bad.  It may have looked better with a longer scarf over tank as I've seen big silky chiffon scarves in the stores being sold to be wrapped as a dress, or top, or overlay over another top.  

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

She has done quite a bit of cotton lawn, like this item A213877. She also had a few boho tiered skirts in cotton.

Susan Graver Cotton Lawn Button Front Shirt with Embellishment

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I think its horrible!

DITTO - extremely unflattering, really bad design, and ridiculously overpriced.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

She's done 100% cotton before and some partial cotton.  She said it''s because the viewers want that.  So she gives them cotton and then gets complaits aout the shrinkage, the wrinkles and faded colors.  So she gives them liquid knit, then receives complaints from viewers that it's not comfortable enough, so then she gives them cotton....

Valued Contributor

It's true. She was making everything in LK, then brought in some wovens last Fall. They were really popular, so everyone asked her to bring in more wovens....the ones I bought  this Spring, were a mess. They were sewn horribly,. The shoulders/upper arms were way too small compared to the rest of the top. Look at the reviews. They arent pretty!

Now, I notice more LK.

Personally, I like her Chelsea stretch, premier knit, and LK looks nice on a bunch of things I have of hers. I am wearing her LK peasant top w/ overlay right now. I bought it last Spring, and have worn it a lot.

I wanted those slim leg pants she had on last night, but they sold out really quickly!

I