Super Contributor

What jewelry are you likely to wear?

Let's say you have on a black V-neck sweater and dress pants to wear to work. Are you more likely to wear:

A. Large earrings (such as hoops or dangles) and a small necklace

B. Small earrings (such as small hoops or studs) and a large necklace

C. Earrings only

D. Necklace only

E. Neither earrings nor necklace

I am wearing option A today, but I think the outfit would have been better balanced with B. What would you choose?

Honored Contributor

Re: What jewelry are you likely to wear?

Probably B. The necklace would need to be colorful. I have to wear color with black or I look completely washed out. Possibly matching necklace/earrings.

Trusted Contributor

I have longer hair, so small earrings are a waste of time...they get totally lost.

I wear earrings every day. Dangles or bigger hoops...right around the 2-3" size.

I don't wear a necklace everyday, but when I do, it's usually longer...28+ inches and noticeable.

So I guess I'm not up there. Big earrings, big necklace!

Trusted Contributor

Since the pants are dressy- as well as I am going to work , B.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I'd wear a what has been describe as my silver "bicycle chain" necklace (really chunky links), a scarf looped below the necklace because I don't like v-necks, and my silver hoops. Hoops are about 1.5".

Honored Contributor

99% of the time I wear some type of hoop earrings. I don't ever wear what I consider to be ginormous earrings. It depends on my mood as to whether I'd do a large statement necklace and earrings or a strand of pearls in shades of black/silver cream.

I don't really do small earrings.

Honored Contributor

I'd wear earrings, I'd wear a necklace. The size would depend on how I feel on that particular day. I have it all! I'd also wear a watch and bracelet. Lately I'm having a love affair with my blue turquoise pieces. The outfit you describe is one of my uniforms. Much of my clothing is a canvas for my jewelry. Black turtleneck/black pants , navy turtleneck/navy pants, gray turtleneck/gray pants. My "go to" outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

I would go with B. Unless dressed casually, I rarely wear big earrings.

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2014 kjohnson said:

I have longer hair, so small earrings are a waste of time...they get totally lost.

I wear earrings every day. Dangles or bigger hoops...right around the 2-3" size.

I don't wear a necklace everyday, but when I do, it's usually longer...28+ inches and noticeable.

So I guess I'm not up there. Big earrings, big necklace!

We wear very similar style. My earrings are about 1 1/2", though. I layer necklaces a lot too.

Super Contributor

That's a pretty look, magic. Is that your jewelry on your neck?