Honored Contributor

Re: What is your spending limit on....

@AmericanBulldogMom

What's your criteria and what did you find that you really like? I'm taking notes here!

Honored Contributor

$6-$8 a pair, for cotton bikinis.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

about $11  also

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoowrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom

What's your criteria and what did you find that you really like? I'm taking notes here!

@Andreatoo We are going to get to know each other really well after these posts. LOL!

I hate underwear that creeps up the cheeks and doesn’t stay put. I find that sometimes, based on what I’m wearing, I will choose either my boy shorts or my briefs. Boy shorts I don’t like when the thigh area rolls up. I don’t like lines showing from briefs. I don’t like when underwear stretches out throughout the day and becomes too loose to provide any support. Last, I like a wider waistband bc I won’t wear any underwear that cuts in and causes muffin top where it never even existed. Whew! Glad you asked?!?!

My newest love affair these last few months are the one’s from Anybody. I have both their boy shorts and briefs. I just love them!! Prior to them I had been wearing some Hanes Barely There undies but they were in dire need of replacement. 🙈

Honored Contributor

my favorites are soma and and jockey no pantyline promise. they are almost always on sale and when they are i stock up. i really dont pay more than $6 or $7 a pair usually.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom

I like boy shorts too but if the legs are too long and they roll up? OMG is that annoying! LOL so they do have to be just right. Or if they're too thick? I think that's why I like the straight edge laser cut they lay nice and flat. A girl shouldn't have to reach into her jeans to adjust her underwear legs! LOL

My other 'thing' if you will is I don't like elastic especially around the leg openings. I don't mind the waistband so much as long as it's not real thin but I actually prefer the entire panty be a stretch

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoowrote:

@winamac1

The last time I purchased a Victoria's Secret bra it was basically a piece of garbage! It came apart the first time I washed it!

The Soma panties a couple of ladies mentioned sound interesting. Vanishing Edge would imply like a laser cut? There's nothing I dislike more than elastic around the leg openings!

@Andreatoo,

I wear nothing but Soma Vanishing Edge. Not only are the legs laser cut, but they also have a thin band of silicone around the leg openings. The silicone clings to your legs so you get no VPL. You can't feel the silicone.

Their Vanishing Back bras rock too. 

Honored Contributor

I won't go over $10. Most of mine are Bali or Soma - another fan of vanishing edge! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually just pick up a 6-pack of Hanes hi-cut panties at Target, although I have several pair of bamboo ones by Boody that I love. I think I paid around $10 a pair for the Boody, and around $10 for a Hane's 6-pack.

ETA:  I also like Jockey Skimmies.

Honored Contributor

I replace underware a dozen at a time on sale.  I buy multiples of my favorite bra also when they need to be "retired".  I don't have a price, maybe $9.00 for underware and $40.00 for a bra, both before sale.