Honored Contributor

Re: What is your most challenging figure problem buying clothing?

wrote:

Pants/jeans always have to go right to the tailor, taken up and taken in.

@ALRATIBA I'll admit it - I am envious of your ability to make your own clothes!!  Wish I had that skill.

@Mj12

My mother taught me basics when I was a little girl so I could make doll clothes ... and when I was a teenager - sent me to learn to use and alter patterns to make my own clothes.   Not difficult to do.  

Honored Contributor

I am tall so long legs and long arms which are always a problem and I am also busty - that is another problem with the current styles.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  it's not difficult because you have that talent to begin with. Lessons only get you so far, without innate talent you are not able to make clothing that looks good

Respected Contributor

Suits where the top is big enough and the skirts/pants are a little smaller. Sometimes I get lucky and can order proper sizes that match. 

Respected Contributor

I am short; a long torso with short legs.  I grow tired of hemming pants, worse still, rolling the waistband.

Super Contributor

Bust and belly.  I'm an apple shape (I guess!) and have virtually no butt or hips.  When I buy pants I like them roomy in the waist, but then I have the saddest droopy drawers out back!  Also, I have yet to meet a button up top that doesn't gap without being tent size everywhere else.  Add to that, I have a very short torso, good grief, as I type this I wonder how I find clothes at all!  I do though, separates, knits with good patterns on top that help give me a shape. 

This ins't me finding fault with my shape, it's just the reality of what I am.  It's all good Smiley Wink

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Extra weight in my tummy area, which I am working on, but it is still sometimes challenging! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA

I used to make a lot of my own clothes also because pants and sleeves were never long enough.  I would still be dong that but you just can't find good yardage stores now.  I got really good at things like bound button holes, etc.  

Honored Contributor

My H cups lol

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

wrote:

My H cups lol

Ha! And here I am pretending to even need a bra. Hubby and I joke about me never worrying about my mini’s hangin’ in my oatmeal when we’re old. LOL!!