Honored Contributor

Re: What is your most challenging figure problem buying clothing?

wrote:

wrote:

My H cups lol

Ha! And here I am pretending to even need a bra. Hubby and I joke about me never worrying about my mini’s hangin’ in my oatmeal when we’re old. LOL!!

@AmericanBulldogMom they have their benefits and drawbacks lol

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My biggest problem is that nobody makes their size 8's as big as they USED to!! Darn designers....not a thing wrong with my figure!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Pants/jeans always have to go right to the tailor, taken up and taken in.

@ALRATIBA I'll admit it - I am envious of your ability to make your own clothes!!  Wish I had that skill.

@Mj12, what is this thing you call a tailor? Oy, I should have been doing that all this time. I'm just always stubbornly thinking that I can find perfect fitting jeans for my silly body. Silly me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My tummy.  That sounds so sweet.  What i really mean is "my large bulbashous gollywhopper gut".

Honored Contributor

Mine is finding size 2s and ones that come in petite. XXS are frequently hard to find as well.

Honored Contributor

SilleeMee,   I would like to trade body issues with you.  Please say yes!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

SilleeMee,   I would like to trade body issues with you.  Please say yes!

Woman Very Happy Yes, of course. But really it's not as nice as you might think. It's very hard to find clothes that fit and it becomes very limited in the selection, too. @Sweet Caroline 1

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Suits where the top is big enough and the skirts/pants are a little smaller. Sometimes I get lucky and can order proper sizes that match. 

My problem also.  Could always find them on a sale rack because somebody had switched out the one they bought to get a larger skirt!

Honored Contributor

I need more length in the rise.  My natural (smallest part) of my waist is higher than most.  I dislike waistbands that cut across my tummy.  I also have long legs.  'Go figure'.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Oh, yes.  Bras are 'just not right'.  I buy those hook and eye extenders at our local fabric shop.  The color options are white, nude, and black.  They work so very well.  Make an 'ill-fitting' bra fit just right!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).