Honored Contributor

What is your manner of setting up a wardrobe?

I didn't know how to word my title exactly. What I am really asking is --- what does your wardrobe consist of? All new items each year? Items from previous years and then just add on? Wear your things until they wear out and then get new?

I have so many clothes. I mean --- soooo many. I have weeded a lot out, but I have probably enough clothes for 6 women --- at least. I admit it --- I love clothes. They are like my hobby!!

And contrary to what is usually said --- "If you don't wear it within the year, ditch it" --- no, that does not hold true for me. I don't have room to display all my clothes. I have plastic containers of clothes and when I get bored when some things, I go in and retrieve other things.

I just wondered how you comprise your wardrobe. I know some people who go every season and buy a few new things and they get rid of the older things and just wear the new things over and over. I mean, I never thought there were any hardfast rules to setting up a wardrobe. Just whatever works for you.

Thanks for your comments!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin