Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite length of coat?

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I prefer the length that Dennis Basso usually does.  Everywhere I wear his coats people go crazy over them!

So over long coats that wrap around my legs!

@ECBG, what length would that be? I don't watch so I have no idea what length you are talking about.

@Snicks1Dennis stays around 32 inches.  The special value coat yesterday was to cover a tunic ( additional 2 inches) which I don't wear.

It looked a little long to me.  I hate a coat wrapping around my legs.

Esteemed Contributor

I also like my coats like mid thigh length...as another poster stated they believe it is called a "car coat"....most comfortable for me...

Honored Contributor

Ankle length for me.  If I'm going to wear a coat, I want to be warm all over.  And I wear a lot of skirts and dresses in the winter, so I want my legs covered completely.

I would love to Dennis to do a true ankle length coat, but that won't happen in my lifetime.  His "full length" coats are barely longer than his regular length coats.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like my coats to hit me upper to mid-thigh. I guess this length is called a "car-coat".

It covers my bum yet still gives me enough freedom to move around easily. Of course when it gets really cold then I will wear my longer coats which mostly go right above my knees. I never wear coats longer than knee-length...I'm only 5-3 and I think they make me look shorter which I don't want!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee this is exactly how I choose my coats du jour so to speak as I am also 5-3.  I have coats of all lengths but the ones that get the most use are those that are fingertip length (well at least my fingertip length).

Honored Contributor

For "dressy" -- somewhere around knee length

For "casual" -- around hip bone length

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Mid-thigh.  I like it long enough to cover my butt.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer a 3/4 length coat for style and protection from the cold.  I'm 5'3" so long coats overwhelm me and living in NE,  I wear coats for warmth.  Plus I can wear a 3/4 coat with skirts, dresses, pants.  I do keep a couple of bright colored puffy jackets in my winter wardrobe but not short ones. mine have to cover the butt. 

Respected Contributor

35"

Honored Contributor

When I was working I had to wait outside in the cold for a shuttle bus from the parking lot to the hospital while all I had on under my coat was scrubs which are just thin poly/cotton blend fabric.For this reason I always wore a full length - the longer the better- puffer coat.

For my real life - I have always liked a pea coat.

When we moved to Fl. I brought one winter coat with me in case we need to go to Pa in the winter for any reason - it is a red peacoat.

Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso! One of my favorite designers. This season purchased puffer coat with mink vest attached, Love the length and style! Other day ordered ~Grey Faux Fur Leopard Motto~ ooolaa! Thanks! DB!💋