Honored Contributor

Re: What is with the Statement Earrings?

They should be pulling back the drapes, absurd.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

No thanks, did the 80's thing! Been there, done that, how about new, fashion forward?
Respected Contributor

Like everything Q ... overkill

Honored Contributor

I have liked the other styles but the pair tonight is theatrical IMO.

Super Contributor

I agree that she wears many pairs that look a little silly but they fit her personality. And she probably is having fun being silly. She certainly can't wear them in her regular life since her daughter would likely pull them and tear her lobes. To each her own, it is certainly not hurting me so all good here. 

Honored Contributor

According to something I saw on trends, tassels done as earrings are BIG.  I don't care for that look.

Honored Contributor

I think Shawn wears those at work, but wouldn't  dare  wear them at home, where her baby might grab hold of them and cause some damage!

Not really practical for most of us.  

Respected Contributor

Shawn never wore earrings very often and then she said that she was doing a fashion show remote for the red carpet or something like that and one of the stylist gave her a pair to wear and she just fell in love with them. They were the statement style earring and then she was hooked on them. Now she is involved in bringing a line it to QVC. They are light weight even though they are very long. Now I think they are fun and it is just a way to mix things up and an easy way to try something different and step out of your box. It is just earrings and if they make you smile and feel good well why not!!

Esteemed Contributor

Every time I read "statement" this and "statement" that I wonder what exactly does that mean?

Respected Contributor

Those Statement earrings say “ Everyone look at me”.  Attention- seeking big time.