Occasional Contributor

What is with the PRICES on the Q and all the Reruns?

I have shopped QVC since it was CVN. They have tripled prices in the last year and offer less quality clothing. It seems like everything is made of polyester. The hottest fabric in summer and the coldest in winter. And the cheapest fabric available!

They fired all of their long time host and hawk the same items in rerun shows......

I can't even watch anymore. I'm through with QVC!

Respected Contributor

Re: What is with the PRICES on the Q and all the Reruns?

Seriously, what item number has tripled in price in the last year? Prices are up, but three times what they were last year? Get out of here with that nonsense.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008   Don't posters know we're very familiar with pricing and know a gross exaggeration when we see it?  She's right about the quality though.  I've supposed they're trying to keep costs under control.  Shipping has zoomed up according to the news media.  We'll pay for it all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@susieq1 Please give an example of one item that has tripled in price. Doubt that will happen.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is with the PRICES on the Q and all the Reruns?ggg

@susieq1   I understand your frustration and we may tend to exaggerate when letting off steam.  I am not a QVC apologist by   any means but for once it's not all the Q's fault.  I agree prices have risen as they have for all retail and groceries.  That aside, I too agree quality has suffered, the selection in clothing is rarely to my liking so I choose not to buy or buy very selectively.  Prices appear even higher when you add tax and shipping costs.  It's harder to shop around but there other sites with lower prices and free shipping. Hopefully things will be better once the supply chains get back to some kind of normal, but when you have over 100 container ships waiting to be unloaded between the East and West coast ports its going to be awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Well, *I* remember when chicken was 25¢ a pound.    I think that was around 1965...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    That was about the time we had a "gas war" in Houston and gas was 18¢/gal.  Remember gas wars? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    That was about the time we had a "gas war" in Houston and gas was 18¢/gal.  Remember gas wars? 

@Kachina624    Yup!    And a free car wash with a fill-up...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

And an attendant cleaned your windshield and checked your oil.

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree......clothes are ugly and expensive. I have not shopped in a long time. Dillards is cheaper with sales. D and Co used to be so cute...its sad.