Honored Contributor

What is with all these holey jeans !

All I've seen out and about lately are skin tight jeans with HUGE holes at the knees and a couple more scattered holes.  Its cold here, down to zero some days.  Nuts, I tell you, nuts.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is with all these holey jeans !

@depglass  Everything old is new.  I remember the shredded jeans in the 90's.  If I happen to put a hole in my jeans from wear, that's one thing.  I'm not paying top dollar for ripped up jeans :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I saw a youg woman (grad student age - lots of them around here) ... she was wearing the jeans version of the cold shoulder ... we call them the "cold knee" jeans.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, yesterday I was shopping for clothing for my 8 year old neice. Those litlte jeans were holey too, and even some of the leggings looked like they had holes with material behind the holes.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass  I agree with you 100%.  Nuts for sure.   It's definitely not fashion but is trendy.   In my opinion those that have to stay "trendy" are a bit on the insecure side.   Have to let others know that they are  "with it".  There is a difference in being trendy and staying fashionable.   In my mind anyway.

Honored Contributor

The knees were never considered a particularly attractive part of the body. On the other hand, the shoulders are. So I'll take the cold shoulder over the cold knee any time. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@Junebug54wrote:

@depglass  I agree with you 100%.  Nuts for sure.   It's definitely not fashion but is trendy.   In my opinion those that have to stay "trendy" are a bit on the insecure side.   Have to let others know that they are  "with it".  There is a difference in being trendy and staying fashionable.   In my mind anyway.

I agree with you.  I also think that "fashion" and "trendy" don't always equal "flattering!"

Honored Contributor

It's a rivial of a old trend from the 70's and then the 90's and now.  I haven't actually seen it real life since the weather got cold.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are the “cool /in” thing and have always been around for as long as I can remember really. I don’t mind and do own some distressed jeans that are subtle and show no skin. There is a time and place for them and can be “fun” to wear, but with discretion of course. They aren’t for everyone, but nothing is. 

I live in WI and they are worn year round here. 

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMo  Off topic but are you close to Eau Claire?