Frequent Contributor

What is up with the garish prints and colors these days?

In the past few weeks, I've been shopping for new clothes to wear on a trip I'm planning. After visiting the women's departments at four or five stores (I'm plus size), I went home grumpy and empty handed. Why? Because I could not find anything that didn't come in garish, wild colors and/or horrible loud prints. This seems to be all the stores are showing right now. It's hard lately to find anything in solid colors or more refined prints, with clean, flattering lines. And when they do have clothing in solids or refined prints, the items aren't well made or stylish.

I have found a couple of nice tops on QVC. But much of their fashion inventory also seems to be either in the loud & garish camp or the boring, frumpy camp. Is anyone finding anything nice out there in fashion land?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is up with the garish prints and colors these days?

@glamwitch

Have you been to Talbots?

Respected Contributor

Try HSN, especially Marla Wynne's line.

Frequent Contributor

Have not been to Talbots, but I struck out at Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Chico's, and Lane Bryant.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

What kind of trip are you planning and what are you looking for?

At Nordstrom, I recently purchased the London Times Denim Chambray A-Line High/Low Shift Dress.  At Lane Bryant, I bought the ultra-light denim wide-leg crop.  Have you looked online?  There's probably more online than in the stores.  I use mrrebates and save a little bit more that way.

Esteemed Contributor

suggest you try Talbot's for classic clothing in solid colors.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Are you looking at Ikat?  It's been out several years now so it's due to start dropping off.

Honored Contributor

I love garish, loud prints and bright colors.  Bring them on...the more, the merrier.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the prints. I was looking for a colorful small print top and I struck out too at my local Mall and Kohl's.

Since I am a Seamstress, I just made myself one. I had 2 women ask me what store I found it at.....Smiley Tongue