Respected Contributor

Re: What is this type of Christmas candy called?

very pretty teeth rotters

Honored Contributor

I guess I was wrong. But I think RS 's is similar. I told you guys my mind's going!

Frequent Contributor

Being a child of the 1940s, I remember these candies being called pillows.

Honored Contributor

Every year when I was growing up my Aunt put those things out.  We just called them 'hard candy'  (and it was).  I remember that stripped tube kind had some kind of filling in it.  Some was like peppermint.  All was terrible!

Regular Contributor

You beat me to it~ lol

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We used to have to sell this as a fundraiser at Christmas time when I went to our parish grade school. They called it hard tack. I don’t know where the name came from. The striped ones were peppermint with chocolate filling. As someone else said, very pretty teeth rotters.

Esteemed Contributor

don't remember the official name, but do remember this candy at my nana's house at Christmas.....along with those sugary fruit slices!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also remember this candy at Christmas time!  My mother would strategically place - on the Christmas tree - multi colored cones made of hard tin foil.  And she would fill these cones with this type of candy!  Very pretty, but if you did not eat the candy the first day...it would be hard as a rock later!!!

Honored Contributor

Filled candy.  I have a jar of it in my kitchen.  I see it quite often in stores especially at this time of the year. 

Honored Contributor

Hard candy?    Someone mentioned hard tack.  I remember that as a large, thick cracker-type item that was hard.  Wasn't candy was like a cracker.  I wish I could find some today.  Great with butter on it and a cup of coffee.