Respected Contributor

Re: What is this "Soft Stretch" Denim? TSV?

@jonbon wrote:

@abbysmoma wrote:

Reply to Trix--

I had the same thought.

A knockoff of Dream Jeannes fabric?

I think their "How Comfy" line is the Dream Jeannes equivalent (knit french terry).

I agree with you jonbon.  I don't have a good sense for the fabrication of these new jeans but I didn't get the impression they were a faux denim french terry.

@MarthaStewardess I still have my straight leg Levis and love them as well. I do have room in my world for a little stretch but love having both.

Honored Contributor

I see that these are made of cotton/poly/spandex (61/35/4) and DreamJeannes are of cotton/span only (96/4) and the copy clearly says DreamJeannes are knit.

The only lining in these is what Gary called the "pocket" lining that instead of just being limited to the pocket, covers from the side seam to the front zipper.  He didn't say it goes down the leg so I believe it only goes across the tummy area.

If I were a betting person, I'd say the fabric is woven.  I am pretty sure if they were knit, they would be saying that every five minutes.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I wanted and ordered the charcoal, two pairs, and a burgundy but after seeing them on Rachel, who is about the same size as I am, I didn't like how they puckered at the inner thigh seams and they seemed like lint magnets as well when they showed close-up shots of the burgundy on the hanger so I cancelled the order.  I looked at them on everyone else too and though nice and straight and close fitting, they all puckered or wore badly on any of the models!

Honored Contributor

I can guess this is their answer to Diane Gilman.  These are knit jeans or fake jeans. 60% cotton, the rest polyester.  Along with an elastic waist.  I only buy premium jeans so I have no idea exactly what this is.  My jeans are all cotton with 2% spandex.  This is the nearest thing to skinny jeans.  Since QVC does not sell them, these are tame version and are called slim jeans.  The leg opening is bigger.

Respected Contributor

lol - Teflon jeans

save your $$ and look for them at Wally World  - Faded Glory $13.90

Respected Contributor

I'm with you, still love my old Levis and still fit into them too. They are starting to get pretty worn now, must be at least 10 years now. I will always be a Levi girl. don't think they make this style anymore, at least I can't find it. Have no idea why my font change. Knit jeans just don't appeal to me.