Respected Contributor

Re: What is the point of calling QVC a store?

QVC is an online retailer with warehouses that contain merchandise.  People sit and order 'things' they would like to purchase, and then they wait and wait and wait some more for someone to figure out how to pull the merchandise off the shelves, package it and get it to a shipping facility.   Selling stuff is what they do best,  getting it in the customer's hands, nope...not  good.   (My stuff is apparently still sitting, waiting to be plucked off a shelf a whole 6 days after ordering.)    Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

QVC is an online retail store.  No getting around that.  You may want to hold onto a picture in your mind of merely the brick & mortar edifices with a door and a cash register, but that does not embody the full definition.

A store is a retail establishment selling items to the public.  It does not matter at all that they get those items from various warehouses to fulfill the order.

Frequent Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

QVC is an online retailer with warehouses that contain merchandise.  People sit and order 'things' they would like to purchase, and then they wait and wait and wait some more for someone to figure out how to pull the merchandise off the shelves, package it and get it to a shipping facility.   Selling stuff is what they do best,  getting it in the customer's hands, nope...not  good.   (My stuff is apparently still sitting, waiting to be plucked off a shelf a whole 6 days after ordering.)    Smiley Frustrated

Lol, and that's the difference.  You go to the store, choose your item, pay for it and there you have it, instantly.  Now online or HSC, a bit of a difference sometimes.  I'm sorry for your woefully slow service.  

Respected Contributor

Because it's a store!

Respected Contributor

Modern we may be, but all I know is that when I tell someone I am going to the store, no one looks for me at my computer.

Honored Contributor

QVC is described as theatrical retail sales online, it is not a store in the traditional sense. AS is just so lazy and childish, it's just easier to say our store and hope the viewers don't notice.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't consider it a store in the traditional sense, but a digital or online retailer.  If I tell my friends I bought a dress at Macy's they usually ask if I ordered on line or went to the "store".  I may order online from Kohls for instance and have it shipped to the "store" to avoid shipping charges.  I pick it up at the "store". Can't do that with any retailer that sells strickly on line.  

Maybe a virtual store?  

Honored Contributor

its a store to me...... plus they do have two brick and mortar stores that are open.

i dont  feel the need to distinguish between online, catalog, or brick and mortar.

noun

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein