Valued Contributor

What is the difference in fit between the Kate shirt and the new Wing Collar shirt?

I posed this question to Louis on his blog and he suggested I ask my fellow Linea Ladies. I'm on the waitlist for the white wing collar. I don't hold out much hope in receiving it. The Kate seems to be a looser fit. What do you think? Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the difference in fit between the Kate shirt and the new Wing Collar shirt?

I don't see an appreciable difference in the fit on me. I have the large and the fit is indistinguishable from one shirt to the other. Is there a reason you think The Kate is looser? They are constructed differently however, darts (Kate) vs. princess seams (Wing). Both are very comfortable, wash well and iron up crisply with a little spray sizing. I love then both!

Hope this answers your question and I hope you get yours.

Valued Contributor

Re: What is the difference in fit between the Kate shirt and the new Wing Collar shirt?

I have them both in 1X. I think they fit the same. If you are on the cusp (between sizes) I suggest ordering up, if you are busty, on both. MY white Kate shirt 2 - 3 years old, is a little tight through the chest. Don't give up, someone will return one.

Esteemed Contributor

I have them both in XXS and like the other responses, I don't see much difference in fit. They are both fitted shirts, and if you are between sizes, I'd order up to the larger of the two sizes. This is such a nice fabric, and a great fitting shirt.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ladies for your advice. I have the Kate size Large several years. Now that I have lost 50 lbs, it no longer fits. It looks pretty boxy. I will wait a while longer in hopes that the waitlisted wing collar shirt comes my way. But if it doesn't I will order the Kate in a smaller size.
Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 1jac said: Thank you Ladies for your advice. I have the Kate size Large several years. Now that I have lost 50 lbs, it no longer fits. It looks pretty boxy. I will wait a while longer in hopes that the waitlisted wing collar shirt comes my way. But if it doesn't I will order the Kate in a smaller size.

1jac, congratulations on your weight loss! I'm working on doing the same...would you mind sharing how you did it?

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 GraceCO said:
On 10/18/2014 1jac said: Thank you Ladies for your advice. I have the Kate size Large several years. Now that I have lost 50 lbs, it no longer fits. It looks pretty boxy. I will wait a while longer in hopes that the waitlisted wing collar shirt comes my way. But if it doesn't I will order the Kate in a smaller size.

1jac, congratulations on your weight loss! I'm working on doing the same...would you mind sharing how you did it?

Sure Grace. Patience and Weight Watchers. Its not a quick fix, but it does work if you commit. I wish you luck. It can be very rewarding and worth the effort.
Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 1jac said:
On 10/18/2014 GraceCO said:

Sure Grace. Patience and Weight Watchers. Its not a quick fix, but it does work if you commit. I wish you luck. It can be very rewarding and worth the effort.

Thanks, 1jac. I lost 27 lbs. on Weight Watchers 3 years ago & re-gained most of it when I tore my achilles heel playing tennis & was in rehab for almost a year. I was curious to know if you had another method, so it's reassuring to know it's WW! I know it really does work.

EDIT: Didn't mean to go off topic...sorry.