Frequent Contributor

Re: What is it with all these new prints !??!

KittymomNC: Nay for me. The zebra stripes seem too bold and would draw the eye to the worst part of my body. It might be okay for a thinner person, but I'm not thin. I do love prints because they tend to hide my figure flaws, but I prefer smaller prints.
Frequent Contributor

KittymomNC: Nay for me. The zebra stripes seem too bold and would draw the eye to the worst part of my body. It might be okay for a thinner person, but I'm not thin. I do love prints because they tend to hide my figure flaws, but I prefer smaller prints.
Super Contributor

I see ladies in big, bold, bright prints all the time here in the Seattle area. I think they look modern (until they start to look dated, in about six months).

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of large, overly colorful prints. They're okay on pj's....kind of fun, but not on clothing I wear in public.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of Holly Hobby.

Susan Graver Peachskin Printed Long Sleeve Big Shirt

I love BM, but this one reminds me of a Lite Brite, on fire. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Bob Mackies Boat Neck Malibu Print Caftan Top

But I think I found one that's worse. A221622

M by Marc Bouwer Printed Top w/Fringe Detail and Cami

I don't care for this one either. It reminds me of the 80s. A233317

M by Marc Bouwer Cowl Neck Printed Tunic with Tie Belt

Or this one-

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Top with Bateau Neck & 3/4 Sleeves

Esteemed Contributor

Lola, you always come up with great examples of whatever we're talking about on a thread!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

This is an example of a very pretty printed top that Susan Graver has -- I got one and it was so nice when I got it home, I ordered two more colors. I'm sure some may not like this one either, but I think it's very well done. The trend now everywhere is just so over the top. I think this one will still be appropriate when the really garish ones bite the dust.

Valued Contributor

On 5/3/2014 kittymomNC said:

This is an example of a very pretty printed top that Susan Graver has -- I got one and it was so nice when I got it home, I ordered two more colors. I'm sure some may not like this one either, but I think it's very well done. The trend now everywhere is just so over the top. I think this one will still be appropriate when the really garish ones bite the dust.

That's a beautiful print, I'd wear that in a New York minute!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

I love prints! Bring them on, the more the merrier. I think people in certain parts of the country tend to be more conservative than those who live in others. In the Southwest bright colors and prints reign. I especially like geometric and ikat prints. Florals not so much.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kittymom, I do like that top. I think the dark background gives it an elegant look. I also like that the flowers are a moderate size...not like those huge ones that are larger than life.