Honored Contributor

Re: ?? What is a "polished" look ??

Semantics nouveau. Like "dated". My "dated" is not YOUR "dated". YOUR "polished" is not MY "polished"

Maybe "polished" is growing "dated"..

Honored Contributor

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!
———————-
@violann

Semantics nouveau. Like "dated". My "dated" is not YOUR "dated". YOUR "polished" is not MY "polished"

Maybe "polished" is growing "dated"..
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew a woman who I thought had a polished look. She had long wavy/curly hair and dressed in a classic style. Her nails and hands were groomed. Her pants or skirt was always pressed. She always wore shoes, never athletic wear. And the shoes looked brand new. It looked like she just took her clothes and shoes off the rack and put them on. And it looked like she came from having had a professional makeover.

In other words she went above and beyond paying attention to the details and it showed. She always looked put together and polished.

I could never be like that because in my mind it requires a certain sense of rigidity in your overall look. I prefer  tousled hair and a casual elegance. However, I do appreciate seeing someone who I think is polished because I know the effort that goes into it. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo   You made me laugh, for which I thank you.  

Every day is a bad hair day for me.  So, I became a hat girl years ago.  Wearing one has become a signature point for my style.  On the rare occasion I'm hatless, people who know me ask if everything is okay.

Didn't inherit the "good hair" gene, but got the slender build instead, which I think turned out to be the better deal for me.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I am donning  a polished look.....all I want to do is GET HOME...TAKE IT ALL OFF AND PUT ON  MY COMFY CLOTHES😄

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Polished Look"? Yes Dutchess Kate, the queen, but really it's anyone who puts care & attention into how they look. Clean is a must: hair, nails, pressed clothes, clean, shined shoes. It doesn't necessarily mean a "uptight" look, a look you have to run home to get out of. Kate certainly looks at ease in her attire.

Comfy clothes can look "polished" if they are as I described, SeaMaiden.

Honored Contributor

To me the words polished and well groomed go together.  

Honored Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

I knew a woman who I thought had a polished look. She had long wavy/curly hair and dressed in a classic style. Her nails and hands were groomed. Her pants or skirt was always pressed. She always wore shoes, never athletic wear. And the shoes looked brand new. It looked like she just took her clothes and shoes off the rack and put them on. And it looked like she came from having had a professional makeover.

In other words she went above and beyond paying attention to the details and it showed. She always looked put together and polished.

I could never be like that because in my mind it requires a certain sense of rigidity in your overall look. I prefer  tousled hair and a casual elegance. However, I do appreciate seeing someone who I think is polished because I know the effort that goes into it. 

THANK YOU @beautybee !! I'm sitting here giggling and thinking about "ridgidity", and I SO agree! As soon as I read your last line, about the woman you knew, my evil mind went on auto pilot.......

"She always looked put together and polished, and she unfailingly changed her underwear at least once a week".   OK, I apologize already.